First Family / Baby shoot

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Did my first baby shoot over the weekend. ( In preparation for my own arriving in the next week or two :love: )

Thought I'd get some critique here.

_d300216.jpg

_d300189.jpg

More here...

http://www.stewardsonphotography.co.uk/2009/06/17/phoebe-family/

In my opinion the arm on no 2 spoils it just draws you to it.Other than that good dof and nice and sharp..

Hi Pete

Hope all goes well with the birth, are you taking the camera in.......?

You could always turn the second one into a bit of abstract portraiture, I know many on here will not like it but venture would sell it for ohhhhhh....... about a grand :D:D:D:D

abstract_portraiture.jpg

stew

I like the first one.

When I saw the second I went ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love that pic.

She is thinking ''oh whats that then? hey it belongs to me''

A real discovery photo.

just goes to show we all see something different in a pic and none of us is wrong.....

good luck with the new baby.

I prefer the one on your web site (where she has her hand away from her face) to the second one.

Good luck with your imminent arrival :)

I sort of hold with both opinions really LOL. Both are very nice shots, but as this is for crit then I would say:

#1 Lovely shot and dad's head is doing a great job of stopping baby's eyes from squinting in the sun. If I could change anything it would be to just get the second eye visible or not, it's sort of half and half at the moment. (y)
#2 If you were a step to the right (well a few steps as I see this is at 200mm) it would have been perfect, as it is... it's good (y)

About 2 weeks to go hey! Get some sleep while you can :baby:

Thanks for the comments.

As for #2, there are versions of this without the arm ( there's one on the linked page on my site. ) but I like this one mainly as the baby was playing hide and seek with me a bit by hiding behind her arm. I guess that isn't something you can see from a photo.

Pete

Back