Critique First go at a [photoshoped] double exposure

Name
Billy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
I'm usually pretty much a landscape and wildlife photographer, but I've been loving photographing my baby niece ever since she was born last May and have gradually been trying out new things and getting more used to this people malarkey. After looking at some shots I had taken in the garden, I decided to have a go at creating some double exposure type shots in photoshop using some old flower shots I had taken, so I googled some instructions (*) and gave it a go. I quite like them, but that could well be because 1. creating double-exposures is still completely novel to me and 2. its got my own cute baby niece in.... so I would appreciate your thoughts on them and how I could improve!

(*added the baby shot as a "screen" layer and faffed with the exposures and contrast a bit to get some bits to become more prominent, in number 2 I also added a top layer which was just a low opacity one of some of her face to help make it a bit clearer and be more of a focal point)

First go at Double Exposure (PS)
by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

Spring baby
by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

Thanks!
Billy

Last edited:
I really like these. I'm not normally a fan of this type of PP, but to me these work.

#2 is brilliant - you have caught a lovely expression and pose (shame her left hand is cropped). Not so keen on the first one - the flower seems oddly positioned in relation to her face.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys!
I see what you mean about the flower position in number one, it does look a bit like its stuck right in her face, it would maybe be better further off so it looked more like she was watching it. Will have to search through my back logs and see what other flower shots I can find...

Back