Critique First go at BBFing! Sledging

These are a great set of images, I think you have nailed them just about right. Good to see you have got the snow exposure just about correct as it's so easy with this type of shot to underexpose due to the meter being influenced by the brightness of the snow. #2 is the pick of the set for me with good composition and a great expression on the subjects face.(y)

George.

Thanks George! I live in Sweden so have had lots of practice exposing for snow!

I found recomposing really hard as I'm sure the focus changed when I moved the middle point off the subject?!?

Thanks George! I live in Sweden so have had lots of practice exposing for snow!

I found recomposing really hard as I'm sure the focus changed when I moved the middle point off the subject?!?

I have only just altered my camera (550D) to BBF and not yet actually used it in anger. So not an expert.

But I think the business of re-focussing depends on what focus mode you are in eg synchro or whatever (?and name varies with type of camera?)

All I can suggest is that you internet search on BBF (better not use that shorthand or you might get some unexpected and unwanted subjects:):) ) to see what type of focussing you maybe should have used compared with what you actually did use.

Back