First goes at macro

Great start Simon, the more magnification the narrower the focal-plane becomes. I am liking the Wolf spider, great angle and the little devil is looking straight down the lens. ;)

Great shots for a 1st go, well done. what make tubes did you buy and if you don't mind , how much?
I have some really cheap ones and they are crap or is it me. I'm just starting this macro stuff myself.

Great set for first go and tip on tubes I bought a crap set from www.amazon.co.uk needless to say they went straight back. Out of interest what is the weight of your tubes?

The amazon ones I had briefly where 142g and really seriously flimsy no tightness at all.

Welcome to the macro addiction!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great set for first go and tip on tubes I bought a crap set from amazon needless to say they went straight back. Out of interest what is the weight of your tubes?

The amazon ones I had briefly where 142g and really seriously flimsy no tightness at all.

Welcome to the macro addiction!
Thanks
These came in at 125g, I don't think they are really robust but are doing a good job on getting me hooked on this line of photography.

Really good start & on the cheap with using tubes which is one way I was thinking but I'm dithering (y)

Brilliant start! Love the spider especially. Hope you are enjoying it and looking forward to seeing your progress.

Back