First maternity shoot! Yikes! - PART 2 IMAGES ADDED

sunnyside_up

<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Bethy
Edit My Images
No
First time for everything... Took a lot of shots, and I'm still going through them. Keen on hearing your thoughts on this?

Thanks for looking.

View attachment 26318

Like a shot from the solar system! :D
Ok, so, so far I've got a 'clone her knickers' and a crack about the solar system. Anything constructive to contribute? :p

I thought clone the pants was constructive... :thinking:

Can't really add anything else as nothing else sticks out. (apart from Saturn and Jupiter)

You already know what i think of the shot like i said earlier.
Cheers dude. :)

I love that second one. It will look good on the wall long after baby has arrived as I think it looks like a great abstract piece (IMHO)

S

Both very nicely done :)

Not sure if a slightly tighter crop on the first one would work better (removing a little of the space to the top/right).

Lovely bethy... How did you light the first, if you don't mind me asking.

Tell me to sod off if I'm being too nosey :)

Lovely bethy... How did you light the first, if you don't mind me asking.

Tell me to sod off if I'm being too nosey :)

Thanks Adam. It was lit with two strip boxes, gridded. :)

Well done Bethy - these are really good. As above, I would probably clone out the knickers although I don't feel they detract from the shot too much. The lighting on both is extremely good. If I had to ultra-ultra-picky I'd like to see just a touch more rim lighting at the top of the head, and a bit of burning on the (very slightly) lit bit of the face by the left eye. But as I say that's being really picky and not really necessary.
You should be pleased with these - nicely done!
Kind Regards
Jim

Well done Bethy - these are really good. As above, I would probably clone out the knickers although I don't feel they detract from the shot too much. The lighting on both is extremely good. If I had to ultra-ultra-picky I'd like to see just a touch more rim lighting at the top of the head, and a bit of burning on the (very slightly) lit bit of the face by the left eye. But as I say that's being really picky and not really necessary.
You should be pleased with these - nicely done!
Kind Regards
Jim

Thanks Jim. I agree about the top of the head - ideally, it could have had some rim lighting to it as well, perhaps adding a third light directly behind her would have helped with that. Never thought about it at the time. Lesson learned for next time, if there is one. And you're all right about the knickers - I'll 'remove' them before I deliver the finished shot. (that just sounds so wrong)...

Very well done. First is the classic shot and love the second for being a little different.

Thanks Kris. I actually quite like the second as well, it's got an abstract quality about it, and it's something that could easily be hung on the wall, in a simple black boxy frame and a nice double matt.

LOL brilliant,
#3 especially, the look on both their faces is priceless (y)

Thanks ya'll. These two are good sports - especially Matt.. he's always up for a laugh. :)
Ha, I love the expression on his wife/partners face in the third image in post 20. Its a very much 'he's lost the plot' expression. I'm doing much first bumps shots so and if they come out half as good as yours Bethy I'll be well pleased.

Like those Beth, looks good fun. Only viewing on iPad at the mo but no3 looks a little greener in skin tones as opposed to no2?
Yup, you're right... it is. Thanks for that. I'll be sure to fix. :)

Back