First Moon

Barney12

I like Sailors
Edit My Images
Yes
Never tried this before :) Its a clear night, shame I missed the full moon.

4238449146_83b387a40b.jpg

Camera: Nikon D300
Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/500)
Aperture: f/11.0
Focal Length: 500 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: -4 EV
Flash: No Flash

Last edited:
That is a very good shot, plenty of detail. Most would say it's best to capture the Moon when its not full.

Nice shot, you get more detail in the moon when its like that than if it was full, you lose alott of contrast with a full moon.

That is a very good shot, plenty of detail. Most would say it's best to capture the Moon when its not full.

That is a nice moon shot. You have exposed it well and it's sharp too. Well done.

Nice shot, you get more detail in the moon when its like that than if it was full, you lose alott of contrast with a full moon.

Thanks guys. It hadn't occurred to me that a less than full moon would be better. Now I'm really chuffed (y)

thats very nice.

What lens?

lovely shot, what lens did you use.

My Sigma 150-500. I've not really used it much since I got it a couple of months back.

Just in case the wife falls across this post............

Amazing deal from those guys at virtualgear dot com only £100 for that lens :whistle: ;)

Barney

Just added the exif data. Set to manual and bracketed for 5 exposures either side, increments of 1 stop and fired away in continuous mode. Not a very technical approach but it worked and meant I was back inside the front door in a couple of minutes, too darn cold out there to bugger around :)

Barney

Back