first of many.

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
day-1-mono-copy.jpg

please let me know where i have gone wrong with this or if you like it.
i am hoping to do some family portraits over the holidays and i am very partial to this style at the moment.
:help: thanks all in advance.

Well ... the subject appears very relaxed in front the lens ... :thinking:

Seriously ... a nicely composed pic ... but very pale ... and it doesn't look like a shot that would offer much in the way of contrast to suit a mono ... imo of course ... :shrug: ... but maybe that is what you intended Dave ... ;)

Might look better in original colour maybe ... :thinking:

A nice family keeper at any rate ... :D

:p

I love that. New(ish) born baby photos are really tough to get right in my opinion and I think you've got heaps of atmosphere and feeling in that one.

I wasn't sure if I liked all the space you've got on the top and left sides of the frame but I've been playing with crops for a few minutes and nothing I've tried works nearly as well.

Big (y) from me. :)

I like the compostion aswell, and nothing wrong with the pose, just cant help thinking it needs more definition, looks a little washed out. Not an exposure issue, just with so many light shades its a bit "white", could do with boosting the contrast a little. But then I think its supposed to be subtle and gentle in which case its spot on :thinking:.

Nice pic (y)

Now i disagree (ain't different opinions grand) I love the soft neutral tone as that is what I see a newborn sleeping as being. Just at peace in a cloud. Maybe I'm just wishing for another one!

charlie-colour.jpg

this is the original shot if anyone wants a go at a conversion.or to show me what they would do ..

iso was 100
taken at 1/350 1.8
hope this helps..
(y)

Back