First photo posted

Name
Sir
Edit My Images
Yes
Been lurking for a while and thought it was about time I posted a photo of mine for some honest criticism ...... Don't hold back!

Georgia4copy.jpg

The image doesn't appear to be available

I see it. Really nice shot... I like it a lot. There's a blue tint to the background - if you could get that white it would look better, but pretty good anyway.

Much better. It might stand a bit of a sharpen? If I was being really picky, I'd say clone out the bra strap, for a good professioal looking image. :)

yeah i like this, i can see both images too. You got a pretty model there, but there seems to be something loitering in her left nostril...

lovely model and nice poses too, let me guess, its your girlfriend/wife, right?

I wish!!!!!

Did a photography course a couple of weeks ago and this young lady was one of the models.

Her name is Georgia. She is 17 years old and is studying A-Level photography.

i have a few photos of young models i took at my local tog club, i must get around to processing a couple.

Hey Hypnotic - I'm in Aldershot too :wave:
I like both shots - really nice. I prefer the pose of the model in the 2nd shot, although the background doesn't look as 'clean' as in the 1st shot.

Nice shots, I prefer the second one myself, though Id probably crop it heavily if it were me.
Do you mind me asking if youve done any PSing under the area? only something doesnt look quite right.

The bad lighting in the second shot is down to me moving her to the side of the set ... Resulting in some shadow. ( I hope thats what you meant )

Hi minimeeze ..... I'm in Ash .... Small world!

Lighting is spot on in both. The poses however are not strong. #1 looks like it was taken while you were standing above her telling her to get ready for the next shot. Whilst I think #2 is the best of the pair it looks like she was holding the pose for too long (shoulders are not rested?) and has began to look slightly uncomfortable.

HTH

Shes 17 thats ages with me :naughty: :nono: I wish I had the chance to do a-level photography or the equal up here. Your shot is really nice, I love the lighting. Its a pitty she coulden't have had a white top on then you could have here with a black background and a light behind her would have looked ace (y) I take it you were in studio for these?

Thanks for all the opinions.

This was only her second time this side of the camera I think. She was quite nervous!
In an ideal world I would have liked more than a couple of minutes to take some shots and choose the outfits, poses and hair etc.
There were six of us on the course with Freddie Walker in his studio.

Lighting's a bit flat - get your tutor a new handbook on studio lighting please...
Captures are OK but your Potoshopping needs to be worked on. Get a grip of Levels and sharpening - plenty of 'How-To's on here - just have a trawl through the site for a bit.

Back