First pics posted

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
These are just a selection of pics I've taken with my D70. They were taken with a Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6G which I did'nt like the build quality of. I also thought the pictures produced by that lens were a bit soft so I changed to the Sigma I've got now. I'm not well up on sharpening of images and have just used smart sharpen from CS2 on these, I also need to get clued up on frames. Any comments welcome!

HeronGreenfield.jpg

HeronGreenfield---2.jpg

FoxgloveDigitalis-purpurea1.jpg

Grey_squirrel1.jpg

Quite a mixed bag of subjects you've hit there Magellan ... ;)

The Grey Heron in #1 & #2 are good captures ... but they seem to be at the wrong time of day ... when the sun is not doing you any favours ... :thinking: ...

However I know Herons, particularly, are not going to reproduce a shot for you ... on demand at either end of the day ... so you just need to be thankful you captured them so well when you did ... (y)

The fowler and the skwidger however are really pleasing shots ... both well composed and with good utilization of DoF ... although you could probably lose the right of frame 'weeds' in the fowler pic by cropping to good effect ... imo ... :D

TFS ... :p

The green dude has summed it up well.

Definately a good squidger shot. Looks to have been taken a little under exposed and then corrected for (or with high ISO) hence the noise.

Not a great deal wrong with your sharpening.
I tend not to use the smart sharpen, but rather USM and/or a highpass filter on an extra
layer and blend using harsh/soft light.

The squirrel is viciously enlarged and cropped, would that account for the noise? + the D70 has an iso of 200 minimum? I can see what you're saying about the flower; but I think it adds to it's surroundings??

Nice and varied set of shots, love to know where all these squirrels are, along with Robins - everyones getting great shots except me :bang:

Welcome to the forums :wave:

Back