First Proper Shoot

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Did my first days work as "The Photographer" A lady was after some photo's first her website.
The brief was totally natural no backgrounds or lights up!! however glad I took my bag as I most definitely needed it.

I know they aren't they greatest that wouldn't make magazine covers but overall i am happy with the end result and so was the client, although the final head shot could of been better (when I said what I was going to set up I was asked not to, so was in a bit of a fluster when I did actually stick a Octobox up and over exposed the pictures so a bit of PP was needed)

I had a couple of issues with my flash (turning it off and back on again seemed to work) oh and one of the ladies asked to totally PP her pic.

Full link here: http://alancook2012.wix.com/lizard#!last-session/cvlc

Edited Version of above
Eye_ by Vint@ge Lens, on Flickr

Last edited:
No 1 seems to have an item hanging from her chin, not a good look.

No 2 the PP is over the top and her eyes seem over sharpened to me and the BG is a tad cluttered

No 3 I quite like that

No 4 nice idea however the yellow line ( skirting Board>? needs to be cloned out as it draws the eye away from the main subject

Les ;)

Thanks Les

Never noticed the thing in 1

No2 yeah I don't generally 'photoshop' however the lady in the picture was not happy as it showed her age so I had to heavily PP it which isn't my bag and didn't have much choice on the BG it was quite a small room but I can see what you mean.

Again never noticed the skirting board I'll go and change that.

You would be better to pop this link over to people & Portraits

My advice to you would be to not post anything on the same day you shot it.

If you're anything like me and you're pleased with how it went, you can't wait to do a little PP then throw them out there to the world - client and all.

The problem with that is when you wake up the next morning and look at it with fresh eyes, things start to pop out at you and you wonder how the hell you a) allowed it to happen, and b) didn't spot it at your first go of editing. Like the thing coming out of her chin, or the thing leading from her nose in the last two. Both are easy fixes in post.

On No.2 id say your the photographer and whilst you want her to look her best, you can only do so much before it starts to look overcooked. It might have helped if you weren't in so tight.

Like I said, fresh eyes a day or five later can really help reflect on your work.

My advice to you would be to not post anything on the same day you shot it.

If you're anything like me and you're pleased with how it went, you can't wait to do a little PP then throw them out there to the world - client and all.

The problem with that is when you wake up the next morning and look at it with fresh eyes, things start to pop out at you and you wonder how the hell you a) allowed it to happen, and b) didn't spot it at your first go of editing. Like the thing coming out of her chin, or the thing leading from her nose in the last two. Both are easy fixes in post.

On No.2 id say your the photographer and whilst you want her to look her best, you can only do so much before it starts to look overcooked. It might have helped if you weren't in so tight.

Like I said, fresh eyes a day or five later can really help reflect on your work.

Thank you that is very true

Back