First Shots With A New Lens

Name
Nigel Cliff
Edit My Images
Yes
Went down to the Lickey Incline this morning with the recently acquired Tamron 70-300 and first impressions are good

4915727925_76e923d2e0_o.jpg

4916329194_9c29c0fba5_o.jpg

i would say you should be happy with the results
mainly the exposure and good light modelling has helped make these just more than train shots..especially no 1...and that stoplight is just in the right spot and balances the S sign..both relative to the subject..the trees throw out the trains colouring well and the exhaust adds dynamism to what can seem a static shot..

i'd say there's nothing wrong with that lens!

nice shots too, particulary #1

The first one is great, love how the light picks out the wheels/undercarriage.

Second one, would have maybe let the train get a little closer to you unless this was the effect you were going for? Were you shooting in continuous shooting mode?

Lens looks fantastic though, the quality of those images is much higher than I get on my 500D with standard kit lens. Might have to look at one of these !

The first one is great, love how the light picks out the wheels/undercarriage.

Second one, would have maybe let the train get a little closer to you unless this was the effect you were going for? Were you shooting in continuous shooting mode?

Lens looks fantastic though, the quality of those images is much higher than I get on my 500D with standard kit lens. Might have to look at one of these !

I meant to shoot no 2 as a burst but had inadvertantly set the camera to single shot so missed it as it got closer

Back