First Sunset Photos (with D300)

Name
Natasha Balletta
Edit My Images
No
Hi These are my first sunset photos with the D300, I used my 70-300mm VR telephoto lens to take the photos (til I buy a lens for landscape photography, it's the only lens I have on the camera :LOL:) :)

Comments welcome, still learning about the D300, so any advice or tips, much appreciated, thanks.

Natasha

Last edited:
hey, not a clue about the D300 but they seem a lil hazy/fuzzy

were you focused on the tress or infinity?

Problem is you were set at f5.6 so your depth of field is to shallow for a landscape/sunset. Try it at f8 to f11 and save up for something wider (y) Sorry if you already know this stuff just trying to help. :)

Lovely colours though.

Andy

If you were panning the birds that may have caused the slight fuzzyness of the trees etc.

colours are nice, but alot of people commented on my pics abour not being straight lol I never liked it but I thought I would pass it down lol

What you think?

Sunset37.jpg

Problem is you were set at f5.6 so your depth of field is to shallow for a landscape/sunset. Try it at f8 to f11 and save up for something wider (y) Sorry if you already know this stuff just trying to help. :)

Lovely colours though.

Andy

Hi Thank you for your reply, that's ok,don't worry, thank you very much for the advice,I really appreciate it :). Going to use a different aperture next time and looking into buying a lens for landscapes over the next week :)

If you were panning the birds that may have caused the slight fuzzyness of the trees etc.

colours are nice, but alot of people commented on my pics abour not being straight lol I never liked it but I thought I would pass it down lol

What you think?

Sunset37.jpg

Hi Thank you for your reply, it's good to know why the trees are fuzzy :). At the time I panned the birds, so they wouldn't come out blurry but probably should of focused on the trees instead :LOL:

Back