First time using a car rig....

Edit My Images
Yes
Blimey,

New found respect for people using rigs, no where near as easy as I thought it would be!

Still need to work on settings and the post rig removal, I think one of these pictures was taken on a 3 second exposure, not sure if that's too long? Hopefully someone with more experience can chime in and give me their 2p's worth

I do like the effect. Do you drive the car and use a wireless remote trigger, push it and run away, or push then clone yourself out of the shot?

Wow I love 1 the best and 2 is good too - like the brake lights - the red really stands out from the grey background.

hi mate, great first shots. I really recommend having a read through the rig thread is linked above. Also post them over in there too, a load of guys in there that can help answer any questions you have.

In reply to your question, 3 seconds is a very short exposure for a rig shot. Typically I would use between 20 and 30 seconds. You need to be doing them with the engine off and have someone push the car. If you're doing a turning shot then put the steering lock on. The vibrations from the engine can affect the shot and you only need to be moving the car about 1 wheel rotation over the 30 seconds.

really great first set though, my early shots in the first few posts of the rig thread show how bad they are! Just takes practice to get the technique right :)

Hopefully see you in the other thread :)

Sammy

Back