Beginner First time with my new purchase

It's a Fuji S9500. Didn't want to spend £100's in case it was just left sat in the wardrobe in a month. I have a little bit of money coming in April so if I am still revved up about it then I will probably get a full DSLR but this is good to practice on and have fun with.

It's a good shot Tony, with lots of colour, great reflection and all of the necessary elements are in place without cutting them off.

Nice shot and colours - my only crit would be to step a little further back if possible so the top of the cafe building wasn't so tight in the framing (y)

Many thanks guys. Really getting the bug and planning on going out later today and tomorrow. Need to give the MG a good clean first though.

Live on the edge of the North Yorkshire moors and close to Pendle Hill so not too far to travel for some nice scenery.

Well done Tony, that's a nice shot: I can see the Basschat phot comp is going to be getting a bit harder now. ;)

If the competition is based on silver MG's set around Skipton I could be in with a chance :)

Yep, looks very nice.

If you want some crit then I'd say that the shadow in the bottom right does away with the vibrancy of the rest of the shot.

I don't know what was down the river but I'd have been tempted to frame the shot without that shadow (would have cut out from the metal railings).

Back