First time with off camera flash

Name
Anna
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok i know its not the best of photos but i was so proud of myself!:LOL: Used my ebay cactus triggers and had the 430ex II tied to my tripod with my hubbies tie as i didn't have the right connector-thingy!

This is one of my daughter, after i managed to bribe / persuade her to stand still.

IMG_6440web.jpg

Previous to that i had been using the lovely Lola ... an all together much more professional model... :LOL:

IMG_6429web.jpg

p.s. no crit needed on Lola but dates can be arranged for a small admin fee!

Amazing Doll like quality to your first image - she's adorable! (er....similarly the second).
I must get to do this - Cactus? is that a brand?

Thats a fab shot of your daughter. Her hair is something else!! :love:

Hey, if it's any consolation I spent today making fridge magnets out of plaster and moulds and paint and glue........in between trying to edit down 900 wedding pics from the weekend.

Blooming good job we can multitask :) Our little mite was off school today with a cold, she's going back tomorrow, I've run out of craft materials and I'm afraid she's going to take over CS3!

And for Janice, I had hair like that when I was that old and my mum spent the next 10 years trying to straighten it. Result? I cut it all off at 14.

Anna, please don't touch her hair!

Last edited:
Hey, if it's any consolation I spent today making fridge magnets out of plaster and moulds and paint and glue........in between trying to edit down 900 wedding pics from the weekend.

Blooming good job we can multitask :) Our little mite was off school today with a cold, she's going back tomorrow, I've run out of craft materials and I'm afraid she's going to take over CS3!

Surely thats a good thing? Train them up i say!!!;)

Hmmm, I've got a pic somewhere with her behind the 5D.............

I'm working on it! :)

Amazing Doll like quality to your first image - she's adorable! (er....similarly the second).
I must get to do this - Cactus? is that a brand?

er.. not sure if its a proper brand- they are cheapy Hong Kong wireless triggers. Apparently no good for professional stuff as can be hit and miss (although in the 48hrs I've had them they are 100%!;)). But i'd say they are great for learning.

https://www.gadgetinfinity.com/product.php?productid=16766&cat=0&page=1

Anna

i have yet for my cactus triggers to missfire (touches wood) and the bottom of the reciever has a thread thats the same as on the bottom of the camera ;)
really nice shot btw

That shot is very good.. I too have the ebay triggers and they have never not fired when i needed them too. they do go off on their own sometimes though...lol

Back