first try with homemade light stick

Yeh quite pleased. Going to have a proper go tomorrow. It has loads of different setting that give different effects. Currently trying to find avwqy to difuse the light a bit though.

Nice effect :) and a decent orb for a first go. It's something I want to try too, and I would be quite happy if my first attempt turns out that well.

Would be interested to see some (stationary!) shots of your homemade light stick and a wee explanation of how you made it (y)

Nice effect :) and a decent orb for a first go. It's something I want to try too, and I would be quite happy if my first attempt turns out that well.

Would be interested to see some (stationary!) shots of your homemade light stick and a wee explanation of how you made it (y)
Cheers but it wasn't exactly my first attempt. It was the first keeper of my first attempt lol. All my other ones look like tumble weeds. Even fell off the rock on one try which made for an interesting trail of light down to the ground:p

I'll have a look for an old thread I made. I just tried it in the house when I first made it and others asked for a write up. Very simple and the whole lot cost no more than £20.

Cheers. Keep meaning to go out and have a proper play with it. Look as though it's going to be a clear night tonight though so it might have to get put off again for star trails:rolleyes:

It's a nice effort, and works well with the rocks, but it does look like the ribbon is a little over exposed in parts which is a real shame, not being at all familiar with the location would it have been at all possible to compose without the lights of the town in the background as they are perfectly in line with the bulk of your light painting so prove to be a real distraction from the rest of the image :(

Matt

It's a nice effort, and works well with the rocks, but it does look like the ribbon is a little over exposed in parts which is a real shame, not being at all familiar with the location would it have been at all possible to compose without the lights of the town in the background as they are perfectly in line with the bulk of your light painting so prove to be a real distraction from the rest of the image :(

Matt

It was mainly just a mess about more than anything. I can adjust the brightness of the light stick so could that help with the over exposure, or even walk faster with it? that location isn't the best really. You either have what you see above, or it's a row of houses on the other side that was behind the camera, street lights everywhere lol.

I've booked two weeks off work over the Easter period and I have a lot of locations in mind for light painting, wire wool and star trails, I'm twitching just at the thought of it:rolleyes:. It will be good to finally get out for a proper play with all my stuff. Over the past few weeks I've been finishing work at 6 then start my other job as a Gamekeeper later on in the night. It only gives me a couple hours in between one another to see the kids before they go to bed and walk the dogs, also trying to keep the wife happy...that's the hardest part haha. I need a break lol.

Back