First upload, female portrait

Name
David Haworth
Edit My Images
No
Hiya,

Okay, this is the first image I've ever uploaded here for comment and criticism, but I figure I cant get better unless I try so here goes.

This is a portrait of my fiancee taken by me recently. it's had some PP done in aperture. let me know what you think. I'm tempted to say "be gentle", but I guess I do want to know, so be gentle when you tell me it's bobbins :)

DSC_0560.jpg

Dave

Focus is great, the only thing I noticed was the crop near her ear. My eye is wanting to see a bit more of her hair or maybe a better angle on her eyes.. otherwise the colours are lovely!

..and a pretty model too :)

I would like to have seen more of the colour of her eyes and the hair on her left shoulder is a bit messy, as is the stray hairs at the top of her head
A pretty good start nevertheless :)

Not enough DOF. Only one eye sharp and the juglery is distractingly OOF

Thanks everyone, given me some things to think about.

On the ear.. heh, it's not a crop, it's just my bad framing. you're right though.

on the DoF thing, I was wondering how best to approach that. I don't want much attention on the background, as these shots are just in the lounge of our flat so not an ideal location, but I guess I'll try and lengthen the DoF for future similar shots.

oh yeah, and I'll try to get her to comb her hair better in future too ;)

cheers
david

Back