First venture to BTCC at Knockhill

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
One of the many things to do or visit on my motor sport bucket list was to visit Knockhill race circuit. Finally ticked that one off with a weekend of British touring car action.
After a 6 hour drive from the south west made it to the circuit for the free practice session in the pouring rain. After that the sun came out for the rest of the weekend. Really should of borrowed a 300mm plus lens to get closer to the wheel cocking kerb action, instead had to rely on cropping which my dated Nikon D300s is starting to show signs of it's age against the new batch of 24 mega pixel plus senors.
Anyway, here's a few from my weekend.

C&C welcome, thanks for looking..

Last edited:
Not much wrong with any of those pics. I would have maybe cropped in a bit closer with those ones at the chicane, as the broken Dunlop board and the wheelie bin above it are a bit distracting, but I'm not sure how much you have cropped these from the originals.

I was there on the Sunday only, so no rain shots for me :D

Like 1 and 2 the best.

As John says, closer crops at the chicane would look better.

Not much wrong with any of those pics. I would have maybe cropped in a bit closer with those ones at the chicane, as the broken Dunlop board and the wheelie bin above it are a bit distracting, but I'm not sure how much you have cropped these from the originals.

I was there on the Sunday only, so no rain shots for me :D
Like 1 and 2 the best.

As John says, closer crops at the chicane would look better.

Cheers John & Mike. I enjoyed playing with the rain shots and reflections on the kerbs. Agree about the crop but already cropped as much as my D300s would allow . I tried to crop the sign out but much to grainy / flat. Need either a 300mm plus lens or camera update...

I think I got the same photo as you #6, just from a different angle taken with a 300mm lens. Hope you don't mind me posting it up for comparison? I don't think mine is cropped that much.
*edit - just noticed min has a complete Dunlop sign so must have been earlier*

1912318_849023365115900_7700943490061074482_o.jpg

Last edited:
Were you spectating John or signed on as media. Looking a the angle of your shot looks beyond where the marshall's were?

I was signed on as media for this event. You can get very similar shots shooting through the fence though and often you'll find cut outs in the fence at various points ;-)

Back