First Wedding - 2nd Shooter

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I'd just like to post some shots i took a couple of weeks ago during a wedding I was 2nd shooter at. I really enjoyed the experience and the fast pace of the event. They couldn't have asked for a better day as the sun was splitting the pavements.

The location of the service was a small church called Minsteracres in Northumberland which is set in some beautiful countryside.

Hope these come out ok...

C&C would be grateful :)

IMG_6501-Edit.jpg

IMG_6576.jpg

IMG_6781.jpg

IMG_6790.jpg

IMG_6969.jpg

IMG_6973.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

I perhaps would have cropped and straightened #1, not sure about the Groom's expression in #5 and the dress in #5 & #6 is a little overcooked.

No. 1 - Tighter cropping required - almost half the frame is the wooden rails.
No. 2 - Good angle but you need to watch the background - clone out lamp post and wires.
No. 3 & 4 - increasing the contrast might help a bit.
No. 5 & 6 - as said before, dress over cooked.

I'm being a bit picky ('cos that's what we're all here for) and I'm sure that the customer is well pleased. Good job. Badger

as a photographer - why would you 'ask' for a bright sunny day - absolute nightmare - with the disasterous results you see in #5 and #6!

Many thanks for the c&c so far. It gives me more things to go away and think about to improve my ways of working.

As for the overcooking of the white dress, i was merely going for the soft white approach. The original image isn't blown, that's just my style and choice of PP.

Andrew (awp), notice how i mentioned 'they couldn't have asked for a better day', by this i didn't mean it was a perfect day for me. Infact i've never been so hot and sticky in my life lol. The lighting was incredibly hard to work in at times.

Any other comments would be nicely appreciated.

Thanks. :)

Back