Flamenco in Seville

Edit My Images
Yes
Two pics from a Flamenco show I saw. It was a strictly no photo show except for 5 minutes at the end - hence the lack of action....I have got another one from a different show, but will post that once I upload it.

This was my first proper outing with the camera - but please be as brutal as you want :p

1)
3314797956_b32d163fb4_b.jpg

2)
3314798742_748c7fe12f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Of the two I like #1 for the lighting and #2 because I can see the feet. I much prefer to see the feet of dancers for the whole thing stems from the feet and their movement. I guess I prefer #1. Welcome.

Thanks!

I made quite a lot of mistakes on my holiday and a lot of good shots wasted/ruined. As we were only allowed to take photo's once the main part of the show was over, I ended up rushing....lesson learnt!

Good effort with a new camera! Flamenco shows are tricky to shoot as the lighting often doesn't allow for a fast enough shutter speed (that's my excuse anyway :shrug:)

#2 for me for the same reasons as Russell.

Oh, and great expressions in #3.

Neil

No 3 has a lot going for it, with strong colour and the feeling of viewing a painting. The predominantly warm colour and the splash of cool blue for contrast works well, as does the blur on the dancing figure conveying the movement of the dance. It's such a shame about the back of that head at lower right, but overall I think this shot is great, and captures the atmosphere beautifully.

No2 has some of those same qualities, but doesn't work quite as well. I like the strong eye contact with the dancer though.

We wont talk about No1. :D

Last edited:
Back