FLASH CONTROL QUESTIONS...550EX/GODOX/YN622-C...???

Name
Stevie
Edit My Images
No
Okay...I have 2 x 550EX Speed lights... Thinking of moving to Godox 850(Manual)/860(ETTL)/AD-360(Manual)...

But might keep the Canons if I can use them with YN-622s... Do they let you control the power (I know it will not let you send TTL signals...so only manual power change) of 550EX Flashes...?

I know I can piggyback the Godox trigger on the top port of the YN-622...

STEVIER

I have just acquired a set of 622c triggers and these do transmit TTL signals for any Canon Compatible ETTL flash, controlled from camera flash menu on your specific cameras including power ratios in the camera menu, or via the 622c TX on the hotshoe. You could have both off camera, one on the camera and with the 622c TX you can have a mix of TTL/manual, power controlled by the TX. I can't think of any reason why the 550EX should be any different to a 430EX/580EX etc.

Last edited:
I believe PhilV uses YN-622 and 622-TX with a Canon 550EX, with full functionality (y)

I believe PhilV uses YN-622 and 622-TX with a Canon 550EX, with full functionality (y)
Not only that, but I have also mixed it with the Safari, using (effectively) the same Godox trigger.

Back