Critique Flies morning and evening

No 2 is quality alf , really nice with that evening light, great shot.
Thanks for sharing :)

I like 2 as well, lovely colour and light

As for the 1st why do you think you ruined the shot ? I know I go on about the eyes, but thats just me - I probably just don't appreciate the other parts of an insects' body (though I hope I have caught something different this morning ;) - depends on whether you were trying to get the mouth in focus? If you were, then its ruined lol, but looks like the rest of it is in focus (eyes, body, wings) - I love the wing detail alf, as I do the rest of the image. I think the 1st a great shot too. Nice pair of images, of some butt ugly monsters

Thanks Graham and Csrl.
The dunger was obliging while I composed with the screen rather than the viewfinder and had to lean back to avoid shading the fly.

Thanks Graham and Csrl.
The dunger was obliging while I composed with the screen rather than the viewfinder and had to lean back to avoid shading the fly.
the amount of times I've done that, leaned forward then blocked out all the light, usually freaking out the insect and it buggering off

the amount of times I've done that, leaned forward then blocked out all the light, usually freaking out the insect and it buggering off

You're not the first and wont be last

Back