Flowers on Canvas

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Took these flower photos at the weekend with my Tamron 90mm macro lens. They are not super close ups - my intention was actually to try to create the illusion of a painting by using the textured background. Can't decide if I like or hate the results - C&C is very welcome!

DSC_8113a_295 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_8115a_296 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Thanks for looking,
Fi :)

Browsing on my smartphone, and looked at the pictures before reading the text. My initial thought was "are these paintings or real flowers?"

I prefer the second image, but both look well

#2 for me also and it does have the proper painting look to it #1 looks a little HDR'y which doesn't really work in this case.

Thanks for the feedback everyone - I think I prefer the background effect in the first shot and the flower in the second. I may give it another go to combine the two!!

I love No 2. As for No1 It's not a natural thing to look at the back of a flower, the flower is the face, if your taking a portrait you don't take a photograph of the back of the head.

Yep, number 2 wins for me. Nice effect. I think the subject in the first is a bit bright against the background so doesn't work as well.

Back