fly

as i said in the other post ,trying to remember what i have forgotten ,now put my macro set up together so its got to improve .not had a macro lens for a long time

Very good colors and sharpness, maybe deeper dof would have made it even better

I agree. Not an easy subject because of the reflectivity of the body. Well done.

Rather good for just getting back into it. Sensible ISO, 800, to keep the shutter speed fast, 1/800 sec. Seems like there are some important things that you didn't forget. Nice execution. :)

tried to be a clever sod today and took two cameras and two lenses ,so when i found this shield bug i only had the 400d handy .never mind next time eh
i didnt realise by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Awesome shot.(y)

Wow, lovely detail. Did you use extension tubes or just the 100mm on it's own?

Superb. Love the fly shot too even with the depth of field. I take it both of these were in natural light only?

Superb. Love the fly shot too even with the depth of field. I take it both of these were in natural light only?
yep sure were

This is a line of line photography that I've never tried, mainly due to lack of a suitable lens. Every now and then I see images like these and think that I need to rectify that sitaution!

Crikey, if that's a live fly, having it stay still long enough to get it in focus is quite an achievement in its own right. Great shot.

Oh yes it sure is live ,I don't believe in harming any form of wildlife .

Very good indeed , love the Bug and the Fly is pretty good as well , I just got a ring flash so can stop to f22 and get a deeper DOF

Back