Flying High

Lovely light and cloud shadows Kevin. Trying to work out exactly where this was taken from. Looks to be just above Bwlch Cwm Llan.

I keep missing the snow because of bloody work!

Lovely light and cloud shadows Kevin. Trying to work out exactly where this was taken from. Looks to be just above Bwlch Cwm Llan.
Kevin will confirm, but I think you are right.
You can see the Watkin path running along the skyline.
Pretty sure it is taken from the lower North side of Yr Aran; this looks like an insignificant little outlying peak from Snowdon but it's quite a haul to get to the top. Worth it though as the views are monumental from the compact summit; well worth a trip.

Cracking shot Kevin (y)

Lovely shot once again Kevin, beautiful lighting, and detail throughout.(y)

George.

Kevin will confirm, but I think you are right.
Pretty sure it is taken from the lower North side of Yr Aran; this looks like an insignificant little outlying peak from Snowdon but it's quite a haul to get to the top. Worth it though as the views are monumental from the compact summit; well worth a trip.

I live in Capel Curig so I'm very familiar with Yr Aran, one of my favourite little 'quickies' ;)

Thank you all, it is indeed just above Bwlch Cwm Llan and at the base of Yr Aran which I climbed also I could not believe how quickly I reached the top fitness is not to bad for an old man :) I was on the summit before I knew it.
Kevin

Last edited:
I really love that light, and the "Dragons Mouth" below the summit;). It just looks beautiful in the snow, Kevin.
Nice to have that bright blue sky up behind the peak and the little puff of smoke from the Dragon on the right;).
The foreground snow in shadow has that got a bit of a blueish hue or is it this rubbish work monitor?....
A lovely shot Kevin

Back