Focus on Imaging '09

Edit My Images
No
This is my first real attempt at anything like this. For the first couple of shots, I was given an EOS 5D MKII and Canon 24-105mm L lens to play with. Oh how I liked that bit o' kit

All the remaining shots were taken with my 400D, my Sigma 105 Macro and a Canon F1.8 50mm as I needed fast lenses due to not being able to benefit completely from the lighting (due to so many people being there). Unfortunately, at the moment, I don't have anything with any more reach than the Sigma.

All the shots with the 400D were taken in conditions were 'togs were jostling for position and all too often, I had to shoot from further back and through a gap in between heads (so compositions are a little off with missing elbows etc.). Still, I'm pleased with the results as I've never done shots like these before.

These 2 were taken with the 5D2 and the 24-105mm.
480882972_F6ZD5-O.jpg

480882921_LJ4rs-O.jpg

The remaining shots, all taken with my 400D, 105Macro and Canon 50mm
480883185_bPDwy-O.jpg

480883097_Q58A6-O.jpg

480884243_q9AHm-O.jpg

480884499_duCRy-O.jpg

480884431_i2hUU-O.jpg

480884200_Lys4v-O.jpg

480884036_Bf7tm-O.jpg

480884117_RYSR8-O.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, just a couple more :)

480884628_QDm7R-O.jpg

480884561_Q4Dgd-O.jpg

Some great shot's there, i really like 5-10 probably more the content :D it's just a shame you couldn't have got the background a bit more blurred out in them, overall nice shot's though (y)

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the compliments. It was quite difficult getting any kind of composition that wasn't just "get the girl in the frame" but I am pleased. :)

Also, Thanks Paul and TG too for the kind compliments.

Yeah I would have liked much more shallow DoF but I was probably around 10 ft away from each girl. I could do it in Post Pro but doing it that way I think makes the subject seem pasted in as opposed to actually in :)

The Dof on these was exactly as came from the camera so all in all, not too bad :)

On a side note, she is a particularly attractive girl and she was excellent in front of the cameras.

They're cracking shots Ian, to be honest, i prefer the shots with your own kit to the 5D2 ones. The ones with the cluutered b/g's have a real "HELLO" mag feel to them.
I likey:clap:
Dean:)

They're cracking shots Ian, to be honest, i prefer the shots with your own kit to the 5D2 ones. The ones with the cluutered b/g's have a real "HELLO" mag feel to them.
I likey:clap:
Dean:)

Thank you Dean. Big smile on my face here.. :)

Really appreciate the compliments and t'is definitely an encouragment for me.

Cheers to Rob and Oli too :)

I've checked and it is Katie Green. She's the chick that turned down being the 'face' of wonderbra because they asked her to lose weight. Good girl!!

Damn, I just googled her and it is :).

there you go then, it isnt the kit that matters, its how you use it. your images are a lot better using your camera the 5d pics arent that good to me(imo). i was a bit dissapointed with the first 2, but the 3rd really does look good and nicely processed. well done

Cheers Fletch :)

Back