Fonts de l'Alger. ( El Algar Falls). Waterfalls. 2 More photos added.

Edit My Images
Yes
Fonts de l'Alger. ( El Algar Falls). This place is absolutely beautiful & anyone going near Alicante (Spain) should try & get there. C&C welcome.

4675146621_c63c3d900a_b.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a few more.
2. Normal photo of the area.
4675151269_6a9f490e85_b.jpg

3. Long Exposure. The Main Cascade.
4678544587_7c9d933bd9_b.jpg

4. Long Exposure. Bridge.
4675770922_4d1f80f467_b.jpg

C&C welcome

Great set but I really like #4, stunning.

Nice shots, but they need a little work as they are verging on the side of over exposed. As was mentioned above, they all need a little more contrast and the gamma lowering a little.

What a beautiful place. Love the silky water. (y)
Thank you.

Like the range of colours(y)

Thanks.

very nice photo but I thing the colours are washed out a bit and need to have more contrast.

Thanks. I'm always afraid to over do colour & contrast. I will redo the first photo again with more of both.

Nice shots, but they need a little work as they are verging on the side of over exposed. As was mentioned above, they all need a little more contrast and the gamma lowering a little.

Thanks for your help. As you see above I will redo the one & see if it's better.

I went there last year, stunning location and nicely captured by you. I did not take a tripod or a ND filter but after seeing these I wish I did now.

Did you go in the water, I dived straight in from the platform man it was cold.

I went there last year, stunning location and nicely captured by you. I did not take a tripod or a ND filter but after seeing these I wish I did now.

Did you go in the water, I dived straight in from the platform man it was cold.

I took my tripod, but left it in the car by mistake,:wacky: so I used the railings, rocks & a ricebag (forgot my beanbag):wacky: but put some rice into a sealable foodbag & that did the trick for some shots, then took it home & ate it :D. I have a 110 filter so I had no idea what I was aiming at, however I took a quick photo stopped down checked the camera position & if good took a long exposure. It was quite hard as some places were overbright with Spanish sun & others really dark, as the one in the cascade was. I took long exposures on the way to the top & took the filter off & took normal photos on the way down. I didn't get chance to go into the water. In the past we used to take big water bottles & fill them up to drink at home & the water is really nice. I hope to go back in September with my tripod & get better angles on some of the shots.

Oh they bring back some memories of a few years back.....

Like the silky water.

Did you get in for a swim? We did when we were there. Bloody freezing!

Oh they bring back some memories of a few years back.....

Like the silky water.

Did you get in for a swim? We did when we were there. Bloody freezing!

It's lovely there & no I didn't go for a swim, I only have a D90.:LOL:

Here are a couple more.

4675769784_a264314453_b.jpg

4675150167_a3b22f5688_b.jpg

I'm going to Calpe (about 35 miles from Alicante) next year. Is this nearby?

Nice shots by the way (y)

Paul

I went a couple of years ago when there was no water at all (wrong time of year)

For the older members this is where they shot the Timotei shampoo adverts with the girl under the water fall.

Redpaul,

We went from Altea la vieja - about 30 mins away........

Have put up a screenscrape from googlemaps

fonts.jpg

The waterfalls are somewhere near A on the map - dependent when you go, they may or not be flowing but the top pools will be full

And cold!

It's worth a dip though.

Top tip, don't park in any of the first about 10 car parks the locals try to get you in. More expensive and a hell of a hike.......... Farmers making a few Euros out of their fields....:LOL:

If you want some really stunning photography opportunities carry on along the road to Guadalest (Top left corner of the map!)

Redpaul,

We went from Altea la vieja - about 30 mins away........

Have put up a screenscrape from googlemaps

fonts.jpg

The waterfalls are somewhere near A on the map - dependent when you go, they may or not be flowing but the top pools will be full

And cold!

It's worth a dip though.

Top tip, don't park in any of the first about 10 car parks the locals try to get you in. More expensive and a hell of a hike.......... Farmers making a few Euros out of their fields....:LOL:

If you want some really stunning photography opportunities carry on along the road to Guadalest (Top left corner of the map!)

I'm going to Calpe (about 35 miles from Alicante) next year. Is this nearby?

Nice shots by the way (y)

Paul

As you can see from the map, The falls are not too far from Calpe. As Lynton says Guardalest is not too far & is just great for photographs. It's also where parts of the 2009 film My 'Life in Ruins' was filmed (supposed to be Greece):LOL: They did a lot of filming in Spain & the beach scene at the end was filmed at Guardamar near our villa.

Back