Critique Football - Composition. Which would you use??

Name
Lee Parker
Edit My Images
Yes
As a sports photographer which one of these would you use (if any?)?

I'm trying to improve my composition and trying to tell the story.

Personally I think No1 is the most dynamic but No3 shows the final result…….a massive clanger from the keeper!!

You don't need to be gentle as on friday and saturday i'll be getting abused by drunks all around London in my proper job!!

Cheers
lardy

NGFC 2015 84 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

NGFC 2015 85 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

NGFC 2015 86 by leeparker1968, on Flickr

They would all make decent shots (if you pop them.. they are a bit dull and slight under exposed) as they have exactly whats needed, ball, faces, peak action... but I am not a fan of muti shots so would pick one and that would be the only one that tells the story.. pic #3 the other two would leave the question.. is it a goal?... At a push I would publish on a gallery #1 and #3

Cool thanks kipax.
I thought that might be the case.
ps You were right about the mk II 70-200 stunning lens…….just a bugger to hide from the mrs!!

I agree with Kipax. No. 3 tells the whole story for me, there's been a fight for the ball between the two players and it's ended up if the back of the net. Aside from the lack of other players no. 1 looks like it could have been a cross and may not be headed towards the goal, no. 2 is nearly there but not as good as no. 3. Good capture, just tweak the exposure and levels and you've got a nice shot.

Last edited:
Back