For all you raptor fans (with added pic)

Name
neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Heres some pics for all you fans of raptors, these have to be some of the most amazing raptors to watch. The shots are not the greatest but just wanted to show people and let all you togs know that there back at loch of the lowes (y)

All c+c welcome

All shots taken with my 40d and sigma 50-500, had to crop them alot. I need a longer lens just dont think the wife will let me but one for a few years :(

great shots, cant wait to hopefully see one for the first time i've heard they are back at boat of garten aswell. What lens were you using to get these ?

EDIT
sorry 50-500 should pay more attention

great shots, cant wait to hopefully see one for the first time i've heard they are back at boat of garten aswell. What lens were you using to get these ?

I heard the female was back at boat of garten but not sure about the male. I was using my sigma 50-500 but i still had to crop them alot

I like No1. Have you burnt him in a bit there? Good looking effect, very striking.

Just seen that 3 of the Rutland Water Birds are back now as well :) so ill be off there a couple of times over the coming months :)

I think you better dust off your 600 and 1.4 tele to take with you, my 50-500 just isnt long enough dont think i could hide a 600 prime from the wife :bang::bang:

I think you better dust off your 600 and 1.4 tele to take with you, my 50-500 just isnt long enough dont think i could hide a 600 prime from the wife :bang::bang:

Hehehehe yeah have taken it before, if the lights good enough may have to stack the 1.4 and 2x lol they arent that close ;)

Ive got some shots from last year and i intend to improve on them :)

I think you would get great pics with the 600 with 1.4 convertor at loch of the lowes, full frame pic if you used the 2x convertor i would think. Heres a un-cropped pic to give you an idea, it was taken at 500mm

Does anybody know anything about ospreys at kielder because there is basically no info on the web about them when to see them where ect ect. sorry about being off topic but i guess its about your photograph subjects. I like the uncropped version, it shows it habitat more and just has a nice feel about it!

Does anybody know anything about ospreys at kielder because there is basically no info on the web about them when to see them where ect ect. sorry about being off topic but i guess its about your photograph subjects. I like the uncropped version, it shows it habitat more and just has a nice feel about it!

I know there is usually a pair near keswick try this web site (y)
http://www.ospreywatch.co.uk/

Are you heading over to Mull as well as Skye ven ? If anyone is up this way and fancy going to the ospreys i would be glad to be of any assistance that was needed (y)

Back