Formby Magic

PIKEMAN

Dances with Squidgers
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Not done much photography since Christmas, plus computer dying on me has not helped!! Anyway booked day off work and went to Formby with Elvis and had a great day.

#1 Yes, he's got a bag of nut's
Tree-creeper.jpg

#2 where's he put them
formby-22-035-copy.jpg

#3 Are they under here
formby-2.jpg

#4 Are they up there
Look-up-there.jpg

#5 You want me to stand up in front of that green stick
Formby-Poser.jpg

#6 Got to go and bury these nut's
formby-22-061-copy.jpg

Thanks for looking c&c welcome Steve (y)

Nice shots Steve, dof and focus spot on :clap:

Fantastic day out and an incredible series of shots, mind it does help when you have the king with you! ha ha

Fantastic set Steve. :love:
#1 shot is sooo funny/cute, especially with the caption
He looks ... steam-rollered! :LOL:

Sorry to hear about the pc woes... I have similar issues so can really relate! :bang:

N0 4 is a wonderful pose, well caught. (y)

Thanks for all your comments :| it was great to get out and take photo's again. As it was the 4th time i had visited Formby, had a lot more understanding of the squirrels behaviour and where they were likely to be . This gave the opportunity to get the shots i was after. Was very quiet friday, which really helped, can be very frustrating when you set something up and a dog or people scare them away, it takes a long time to gain their confidence again. The light was also favourable allowing good shutter speed's, which is a great help. All in all, really pleased with these, they are so cute (y)

Are there usually lots of togs at Formby?

Every time I get out of the car there, I see big lenses either popping out from bags, or going back in :LOL:
Though Ive seen the odd tog as Ive walked around. If theyve got the attention of a squidge or two, I just keep moving until I spot one myself, and then work on getting its attention.
Ive always found it very quiet in the late afternoon but Ive only been mid week which is much quieter than weekends (or so Im told).

Spot on Glo. Best to go midweek when it is at its quietest . Went once on a weekend it was a waste of time. Most of the time, as Glo said, if you find the Squirrels, it's not long before someone is around you scaring them off. Most of the wood has path's with fenced areas, best to aviod these, try going deeper in to the wood, avoiding paths,gives you a fighting chance of not gettting disturbed . Try and remember where you saw the squrriels sometimes it can take a good hour or so for them to start coming down to feed . Seem more active in the afternoon .

Good series, but No4 is the pick :)

Back