Forms/designs

Name
Ed
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm interested in photos of real things that have random patterns. The photos don't have a strong centre of interest. I'm not sure if there is a name for this genre. I don't think they are abstracts. Here are some examples.

IMG_4595 Lichen on rock.jpg

IMG_0465 BC forest.jpg

M2_H5456 Pools.jpg

Some years ago I took a lot of what could be called similar, (bamboo in various uses, stone patterns, interior decor patterns, natural things that could be used as a background) and I files them under the heading of "Textures" which only really described some of them, so I will be interested to hear a better group title :)
To me they are probably a bit too varied to be grouped as a genre, ans individually they could possibly be assigned to other genres.

Hope I understood the question :)

Some years ago I took a lot of what could be called similar, (bamboo in various uses, stone patterns, interior decor patterns, natural things that could be used as a background) and I files them under the heading of "Textures" which only really described some of them, so I will be interested to hear a better group title :)
To me they are probably a bit too varied to be grouped as a genre, ans individually they could possibly be assigned to other genres.

Hope I understood the question :)
Yes, thank you!

It isn't essential to have a label for such images, but I was wondering if there was one and I was missing it. Photos like this serve very well as backgrounds. I'm thinking that some of them can stand on their own as well.

I tend to shoot some of these too, it would be nice to have a good label if only for the LR catalogue! BTW I love that third one with the rock pools.

Back