Formula E test day Donnington Park 09.07.2014

tim

Name
Tim Preston
Edit My Images
Yes
After a heads up from another forum I could not resist attending this event. The weather was glorious, sun burnt nose says it all! The track has several "fence free" spots too so good choices for taking pictures. I was chatting to a guy called Paul Allen who is a regular there and he soon pointed me in the right direction so thanks Paul if ever you stumble across this.

The cars are fantastic and obviously have had huge investments placed into them. The atmosphere was great and circuit staff were very welcoming. It was even open pits at lunchtime with all drivers with their cars. The strangest thing was the noise, it was hard to comprehend the sound it relation to the speed the cars are travelling, most noise was tyre noise and wind noise. Impossible to describe, you'd have to see and hear it!

There was some big name drivers there too! Bruno Senna, Nicolas Prost, Seb Buemi, and Jaime Alguersuari.
It's the first motorsport photography I've done for about 3 years so I was a little rusty.

The Virgin Racing cars are chrome, very difficult to photograph! Jaime Alguersuari

09.07.2014 Formula E Test Day Virgin Racing
by Tim J Preston, on Flickr

09.07.2014 Formula E Test Day Virgin Racing Sam Bird

Venturi Racing

09.07.2014 Formula E Test Day Venturi Racing

Bruno Senna Mahindra Racing

09.07.2014 Formula E Test Day Mahindra Racing 2

Edam Racings Buemi locks up into Melbourne

09.07.2014 Formula E Test Day E Dams Racing Buemi

Amlin Racings Da Costa

09.07.2014 Formula E Test Day Amlin Racing Da Costa

ABT Racings Daniel

09.07.2014 Formula E Test Day ABT Racing Daniel 2

Couldn't resist the irony in this one!

09.07.2014 Formula E Test Day Virgin Racing Do Not Touch

A fantastic day, would highly recommend!
All taken with Olympus E3 and Sigma 50-500.

Back