FORMULA ONE!

Name
Vlad
Edit My Images
Yes
Well that made you lot look didn't it! :nuts:

Couple of shots from Brands Hatch today at the Historic Super Prix.

This is historic mainly single seat racing, including Formula One - back from when it was actually worth watching (y)

#1 Mine's a pint - James Hunt style, one before the off

IMG_5000.jpg

#2 It says Leyland, so of course it needs a push

IMG_5005.jpg

#3 Team look to find a really, really short driver who has slipped down inside

IMG_5029.jpg

#4 Spotted this really nice Ferrari out the back of the garage

IMG_5036.jpg

#5 Cigarettes and Alcohol - is what powered F1

IMG_5290.jpg

#6 Bet on Black

IMG_5241.jpg

#7 Take Courage

IMG_5317.jpg

(couldn't be bothered to resize these for photobucket, so they might look a bit nasty - sorry!)

Not a bad day out, a very large crowd for a C grade event. Paddock access is fairly normal at Brands, but today everyone was allowed pit lane access all day for free too. All the teams were really friendly and perfectly happy to let tog's crawl all over their cars.

Cheers guys! I've just realised I've rather favoured a couple of cars in my pics from today... oh well! The black and gold paint scheme is rather striking though...

The JPS used to be my fave in the days it was hot stuff ... :D ... great set of nostalgic images ... (y)

:p

Venomator, yeah the JPS Lotus was an icon and then some. Always the car to have in Scalextrix :D

Matt - this is the first F1 I have seen at Brands since 1986... when Nige won! Quite evocative to hear them scream into Pilgrims Drop once more.

And btw, this wasn't some rubbish procession - these guys were giving it the berries today!

Oh and meant to say earlier, the static shots are with my crappy kit lens thing - the EFS10-22 I was using had to go back to its real home :( I can tell the difference, but probably on the whole the kit lens did quite well.... when coupled with a borrowed 580EX Speedlight anyway :)

PS more pics on my Flickr

Being Picky! :D

#1 - A bit more flash for a catchlight in the eyes.

#2 - I reckon would have looked better going uphill.

#3 - Nicely exposed. I bet you had the caption first???

#4 - A classic and probably the best of the bunch :clap: I particularly like the matching hat colour and the car park markings on the tarmac!

#5 - I can see the Merc recovery truck in the background. A slightly different position or shallower DoF. Although the second JPS helps to draw the eye away from the Merc.

#6 - :clap:

#7 - Not quite there. If the car was a bit more in the frame and i reckon the wheel/head alignment would still work.

B->

Pick away my friend!

#1 Yeah, a bit more flash might have been good - but this was my best day with your 580EX so far! A bit more struggle and I think I shall be there :)

#2 Uphill! Can you and Gribbsy come to some conclusion about the uphill/downhill thing! :D Actually, I did remember with the Sterlings track shots and turn the camera around after a quick chimp. I tend to find I rotate the camera for comfort rather than composition anyway... must try to break the habbit!

#3 Me? Shoot for a caption? Never :D

#4 Yes, I am surprised nobody else has commented actually...

#5 Hmmm cannot see the truck on this monitor... I have already taken out some bloke gurning in the background! Might have to revisit this. I thought my new shooting position had binned the bloody truck this time.

#6 Glad you like - yeah its a heavy crop, but stuff it, I like the result!

#7 Again, I was stumped by the wheel positions on these cars, not quite sure what worked and obviously we had to do it on the fly. I just liked the colours really on this one. Did I say I liked the JPS Lotus :D Advertising must work... I am longing for a pint of Courage Best and 20 JPS now!

Go on then, I've shown you mine, you show me yours! (ooooerr!)

Pick away my friend!

#2 Uphill! Can you and Gribbsy come to some conclusion about the uphill/downhill thing! :D Actually, I did remember with the Sterlings track shots and turn the camera around after a quick chimp. I tend to find I rotate the camera for comfort rather than composition anyway... must try to break the habbit!

For a moving car, downhill works better. Gives it more of a sense of speed.

For this one it's got mechanics pushing, so to make it look like they're putting in the effort, shift it round the other way :)

Great shots A good sense of speed in all pics.
I remember The Saudia Car when it was testing at RAF Abingdon when i was based there.now that makes me feel old.I remember Dr Jonathan Palmer could not turn the car around at the end of the Peri Track every time he went down.

Jim

Cheers Phantom Spook!

Gribbsy, yeah, I see photobox have a deal on large prints at the mo and that really is a beautiful Ferrari :)

5 and 6 are excellent. Love the yellow ferarri....if it were Orange :D

Gary.

Love #5, #6 and #7 great shots, I also like the static shots

They all bring back many fond memories:D

Thanks guys!

This is F1 from slightly before my interest in the subject ("Red 5" is my era!) but it was fun to see and really good fun to photograph especially as we had all day pitlane access!

brilliant shots.. my favourite is number 4
i like it the best because its so flippin terrible.. It should have been posted in the glamour section to be honest. I hope its not your car because its crap and not as good as my fantastic TDI golf/audi/corsa (i forget which of those cars i drive)

Hi there!
I'm brand new to F1 photography, meaning I went to my first ever race in Bahrain this year. I managed to get some shots as we were able to walk the pit lane. I was wondering if you guys could give me an opinion on my images? I'm getting some pretty good reviews so far. Thank you!

As Jonathan said above, this isn't really the thread to show us your photos, [if you are new to forums, its called hijacking someone else's thread, but don't worry about it this time] start a new one in the motorsport section and actually post the photos in there rather than just a flickr link, that way members can give you proper and appropriate feedback :)

Last edited:
Back