Forth Bridge (Foggy)

Name
doh!
Edit My Images
Yes
I've never photographed the Forth Bridge before so on saturday it was a fine and sunny morning and thought I'd have a try. It's only a half hours drive but by the time I got there this freezing cold fog bank had rolled in :bang:

Still, what do you think?

Thx for looking.

I like them but cant pin point why!!! Good shots!

Like the 1st one, I think the colour gives it more punch. For me the fog gives it that little extra.

cracking pictures, but the last for me i think. The b&w really makes it!

Wow, cheers guys :D

I was kinda expecting 'Bridge, what freeking bridge!' :LOL:

Good ones (y) And the fog has the added advantage of semi-concealing the wrapping on the bridge. :)

Not keen on the first two, but the perspective and composition on the last one are fantastic and make a good shot. Really dramatic effect with the fog covering such a mega structure.

For me, these are super shots. Entirely different take on the usual Forth Bridge shots.

Seems now to be nigh impossible to get a shot of that bridge without it being festooned in scaffolding.

Liking No. 3 - the B&W merges the bridge and fog, making you look a bit more.
Where did you shoot them from?

Always keep meaning to do some pics as well, but not got round to it ...:shake:

Thx all again (y)

aberal,
Good ones And the fog has the added advantage of semi-concealing the wrapping on the bridge

arclight,
Seems now to be nigh impossible to get a shot of that bridge without it being festooned in scaffolding.

Yep, it seems I was lucky, the intention was to get good light shots.

eeverson,
yes, the last one for me, i like the fact you can see the island (or far bank) on the right.

It's a small rocky island with an old WW2 defence battery built into it, don't know its name (if it has one)

Liking No. 3 - the B&W merges the bridge and fog, making you look a bit more.
Where did you shoot them from?

Always keep meaning to do some pics as well, but not got round to it ...:shake:

All from South Queensferry although I have shots from North Queensferry too but didn't use them as there's too many portacabins and maintenance gear there.

No.1 was taken from the slipway next to the bridge, you can see it in pic 2.

No.2 was just from the path next to the car park

No.3 was from a dirt track road that follows the coast. Can't mind what it leads to but there's a sign for something or other :thinking:

These ones were all taken hand held.

You can get to the shore as well and I took some shot's from there on a tripod to have a go at HDR but haven't got round to it yet.

Like them all but especially the last one. Looks like it could have been taken when the bridge opened.

Andy

Thx andy 3rd one seems to be the pick, but..

I ran the colour one through a cooler filter, I like it and giving that it was flipping freezing at the time maybe more like it actually was ;)

Last edited:
Back