Forth Rail Bridge

To be honest the tone mapping has ruined what looks like a dramatic image, it looks like there was a little mist in the air which when mixed with the lighting could look really nice and atmospheric but the tone mapping has left the image looking flat and over recovered on the lighting, if you shot this in raw there should be no issue whatsoever in getting the perfect shot out of a single exposure...

The composition looks really nice with a wonderful reflection the road bridge upright completely visible through the rail bridge, if you've got the raw I'd love to have a play with them see what could be made from this photo (y)

Matt

I agree with Matt but it's still a very pleasing shot.

PS

Cardinal sin though - It's the 'Forth Bridge' not the 'Forth Rail Bridge' ;)

tried it from RAW, i just seemed to be going around in circles and then gave up…. so i know what you mean

Mark I've got my PC on at the moment which recently has been a rarity for me recently if you fancy sharing it I'd love to have a play with the RAW I'm happy to fully describe what I do (y) I'll PM my email if your happy to share it...ideally it would be a ever so slightly over exposed on the highlights shot I think to get the best out of the image

Matt/Mark

Not being a religous RAW shooter - I'll be keeping an eye out to see what comes from this one (y)

To be honest the tone mapping has ruined what looks like a dramatic image, it looks like there was a little mist in the air which when mixed with the lighting could look really nice and atmospheric but the tone mapping has left the image looking flat and over recovered on the lighting, if you shot this in raw there should be no issue whatsoever in getting the perfect shot out of a single exposure...

The composition looks really nice with a wonderful reflection the road bridge upright completely visible through the rail bridge, if you've got the raw I'd love to have a play with them see what could be made from this photo (y)

Matt

I have got to agree also with matt's comments, this could be a stunning image but the tone mapping is so not doing this image much justice.

It's a good composition albeit of a common scene. In the first image it's had all the highlights knocked out from it and looks very flat with the blown point light sources looking gray due to extensive highlight recovery.

Looking forward to what Matt can do.

Back