FOSROC Super6 Final Ayrshire Bulls v Southern Knights

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
The biggest game I have photographed so far and a really good learning curve for me. It has certainly taught me I am nowhere near ready to step up and try and make money out of this as I lose focus far too easily and even trying to mark images between the play it made me lose my focus. The boys and girls that wire images as the match is ongoing have keener minds than me but I'll keep practicing. A decent game at mini Murrayfield not short of incident and with a couple of tries down my end. The fog/Haar came in too which made contrast drop but not enough to make for really interesting images. I never braved the media scrum for the winners picture but it was good to see all the pros getting ready and having flashes, different camera lens combos etc. If I ever decide to try and do this for money these experiences will be really useful.

FOSROC Final by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

This fence was straight before about 80 stones of Rugby players slid through

Second Place

Winners

Last edited:
Hiya.

" Silly me " I had assumed you were already a working photographer not only off the quality of your photos posted here but the quantity of them, you seem to be all over the place and spend all your spare time photographing.

Thanks for sharing your experiance here it makes for a good read.

Gaz

Hiya.

" Silly me " I had assumed you were already a working photographer not only off the quality of your photos posted here but the quantity of them, you seem to be all over the place and spend all your spare time photographing.

Thanks for sharing your experiance here it makes for a good read.

Gaz
Thanks for the kind words. Just a very keen amateur. I am part of a collective that uses photography to promote Rugby. There are a few pros in our number but for the most part we actually shoot games that would otherwise not be photographed. Rugby people is our band of snappers. Away from that I'll shoot anything that moves but love some landscapes too.

Back