Foxy lady

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
No
well... only my missus again :naughty::LOL:(y) C&C very welcome (y)

Click for large version

Thank you for looking :wave:

Is it that distracting. This was shot in a tunnel and that blob is one of the lights there. Should I remove it completely?

Thanks for comment (y)

Agreed with the white light (blob) she has stunning eyes and its a nice shot

It's a lovely shot, I like the background, gives it some depth, the stray hairs bug me more.

Thank you all for comments. I appreciate it (y)

I'm still not sure should I remove that blob. As PerfectSpeed said, it gives a little bit of depth to the picture, instead of just plain black background. That's why I left it there :) but it looks like most of you think it shouldn't be there, so I think I'll try and post it here for you to see (y)

PerfectSpeed - yeah, there was a problem with hair all day long, very windy day not good for those kind of photography I belive :bonk:

OK, here it is. The blob has been removed. What you think - better or worse?

Click for large version

(y)

Hey ReBel

It's a nice shot either way, but you still left the hairs in :thinking::D

Out of personal preference I still prefer the blob, it gives it a romantic feel.

Steve

Hey Steve,
thanks for a comment. So, what would you do, crop all the hairs from bottom out? I didn't wanted to use tight crop, I wanted to leave some space around to breath :LOL: If you want to show me what you would do with that photo, go ahead please. I'm curious (y)

Cheers
Adrian

Hey Steve,
thanks for a comment. So, what would you do, crop all the hairs from bottom out? I didn't wanted to use tight crop, I wanted to leave some space around to breath :LOL: If you want to show me what you would do with that photo, go ahead please. I'm curious (y)

Cheers
Adrian

Hey Adrian

I was talking about the stray hairs on the forehead and eye area, the crop on your first shot is spot on for me and I couldn't make it better if I tried, blob and all (y)

Thanks for the offer of the edit but I feel I would only do it an injustice.

Steve

Hey Adrian

I was talking about the stray hairs on the forehead and eye area, the crop on your first shot is spot on for me and I couldn't make it better if I tried, blob and all (y)

Thanks for the offer of the edit but I feel I would only do it an injustice.

Steve

Ohhhh... damn, I'm thick :bonk: Will have to do it tomorrow, as it is bit late now. Thanks Steve (y)

...bear with me... still editing

Last edited:
stunning eyes and nice and natural processing

Thank you mate (y)

OK, I've been thinking about it and decided the blob should go :) also corrected the hair a bit, but not too much as I wanted to leave a natural feel to them :)

So it looks like this could be the final version

Clickable

So what do you think? Should I change something or it's good as it is?

PS. I wanted to delete my previous post but dont know how

Thats terrific. My only CC is that the eye's, while stunning, look a tiny bit too white. No, just looked again and I cant decide. If its that close then there's nothing to do I recon.

Mick.

TBH I dont remember doing anything to the eyes to make the look more white. I think it could be due to flash and its white light.

Thank you for the comment, Mick (y)

I forgot to mention the stray hairs on the jaw line.......

Only kidding, nice edit (y)

Do miss that blob though :crying:

Steve

I forgot to mention the stray hairs on the jaw line.......

Only kidding, nice edit (y)

Do miss that blob though :crying:

Steve

:LOL: Thanks Steve. I think I'll just edit first version (with the blob) and remove hairs from forehead, that way there will be 2 version of the same photo - with blob and without one. Everybody will be happy :D

:wave:

Hahaha looks like you got your hands full here, sorry mate :LOL:

Just been looking through your flicker, some very nice stuff on there, but I noticed a filter on your 70-200? is that on all the time.

Steve

Hahaha looks like you got your hands full here, sorry mate :LOL:

Just been looking through your flicker, some very nice stuff on there, but I noticed a filter on your 70-200? is that on all the time.

Steve

Thanks Steve. Yes, the filter is on all the time. It's just a Hoya HMC UV filter, so I guess it is a neutral one. Why?

It's just a Hoya HMC UV filter, so I guess it is a neutral one. Why?

The lens is top notch and you take some nice shots, and for your type of shooting I can't see the need for one, do you keep the hood attached too?

Yes, I do - filter + hood. I bought it with filter and it's there just for protection (you know scratches and stuff). I thought UV filter is meant to be neutral and it doesn't change anything picture-wise, am I wrong? Should I take it off?

Last edited:
All the 70-200 sisterhood are quality glass, that's why they are L's

Keep the hood on at all times and whip off the filter for a while, go naked, see how it feels, work her how she was designed to be worked.

Never babied mine, and she's seen some action, just wiped her with my tee shirt when needed, and she's as clean and tack sharp as the day I bought her.

70-200 = no filter required :D

Quality wise, the extra glass with a filter, not sure :shrug:

Steve

i keep my filter on all the time and i dont see a difference
but is that just me?

All the 70-200 sisterhood are quality glass, that's why they are L's

Keep the hood on at all times and whip off the filter for a while, go naked, see how it feels, work her how she was designed to be worked.

Never babied mine, and she's seen some action, just wiped her with my tee shirt when needed, and she's as clean and tack sharp as the day I bought her.

70-200 = no filter required :D

Quality wise, the extra glass with a filter, not sure :shrug:

Steve

This lens is my baby :wacky: I am so happy I bought it, maybe that's why I am a bit overprotective (bought it second hand and the lens is few years old anyway). I'll give it a go without the filter and see is there a difference, but I guess it'd be hard to notice, because this lens is quality anyway :) Thanks for suggestion, Steve (y)

i keep my filter on all the time and i dont see a difference
but is that just me?

I keep it on all the time too. Never actually thought about using this lens whitout it. Worth a try though :)

Lovely eyes. I agree the absence of the blob and the stray hairs on the forehead improve the image. If I was being very picky I would photoshop out the skin imperfections to the left of her nose and on her chin.

Lovely eyes. I agree the absence of the blob and the stray hairs on the forehead improve the image. If I was being very picky I would photoshop out the skin imperfections to the left of her nose and on her chin.

I'm sorry I missed this comment somehow. Well, I could, but that's her as it is. If that was a glossy mag shot, I'm sure I'd do that (it is very easy to do), but as it is more for her and her mum and family I though I should leave it. Everybody has some imperfections :)

Thanks for a comment, appreciate it (y)

I'm sorry I missed this comment somehow. Well, I could, but that's her as it is. If that was a glossy mag shot, I'm sure I'd do that (it is very easy to do), but as it is more for her and her mum and family I though I should leave it. Everybody has some imperfections :)

Thanks for a comment, appreciate it (y)

:clap:

nice to read :clap:

md(y)

As for the shot itself . imo

The head is slightly leaning back to far for me

If you lose the light source in the background it becomes another studio style shot. which it is not so i would leave it as it is..

The hairs is down to personal choice. If your doing a set outdoors then you should expect some wind and hair blowing.

I have already mentioned the features. :clap: well done on that imo

all imho

md(y)

I have enjoyed looking and watching your threads so far (y)

As for the shot itself . imo

The head is slightly leaning back to far for me

If you lose the light source in the background it becomes another studio style shot. which it is not so i would leave it as it is..

The hairs is down to personal choice. If your doing a set outdoors then you should expect some wind and hair blowing.

I have already mentioned the features. :clap: well done on that imo

all imho

md(y)

I have enjoyed looking and watching your threads so far (y)

Thank you MD. As you can see I am just starting doing portraits. Tried few times before (you can see some effects of that on my flickr - most of them have been deleted though, because my missus hated them so much :LOL:). But that is exactly what Gabby said about this shot - head is leaning back too far, bit unnatural. She don't mind that photo, but that was actually me that wanted to PP it, because I quite like it (don't know why). Funny thing is, it was just a quick snapshot, we where passing by a small tunnel and I said 'stand here for a moment' and took 3 pictures just to see how it'd look. I looked on my camera's LCD after that and said 'ok that's rubbish, let's go'. Then, back home, on big screen I said 'wow, that's actually not bad' :) weird huh?

As for wind :))), I was expecting wind... but not that much :LOL:

Back