French Pyrenees

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
I was in the French Pyrenees a couple of weeks ago near the Col Du Tourmalet where the Tour de France was on Wednesday. I took hundreds of photos, but not many good ones. The problem was I was always out in mid afternoon. There wan't one good sunset all week. These are mostly postcard type shots.

The first three were taken at the Cirque Du Gavarnie, which is absolutely stunning. It is very difficult to show the scale of the place. To give you an idea, the big waterfall on the left drops over 1400 feet (422 metres).

Cirque De Gavarnie
by Idlefrog Photo, on Flickr

Garvanie Bridge.JPG

Cirque Du Gavarnie

Mountain Hut

Pyrenees Mono.JPG

Watering Hole BW

Lovely shots, but as you said yourself, the afternoon light is a pain.
That said the last mono is a cracker. And the first two stand out well.

Stunning images!

Whatever the weather was you've highlighted what the area has to offer. Really like them all.......... :)

Thanks for everyone's comments. The area is absolutely stunning and there are wild flowers everywhere. I think I would like to go back in the autumn when the colours start to change.

I found the locals really friendly and tolerant of my terrible attempts at french, in fact I had them in stitches most of the time.

If anyone wants to see more from the area I have a Flickr album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/idlefrogphoto/sets/72157645343493309/

I might add some more as I edit them.

Last edited:
Shot 2 is my favourite. It would have made it an outright winner if you could have found a slightly higher view point to use the road beyond the bridge to lead you into the photo. I have stood on the roof of my car before now...thank goodness for roof bars !!

Last edited:
Back