Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

I bought an x e1 to back up my x pro1 and x100 kind of made my mind up to sell the x e1 but after using it all weekend ive decided I love it and not going to part with it
clear.png

In fact I may sell my x pro1 to fund and x e2.

Last edited:
I struggled to fall in love with the X-E1, even though I sorely wanted to, and ended up selling it. The X-E2 improved on almost all of the bugbears I had with the X-E1, and it's the best camera I've owned.

I bought an x e1 to back up my x pro1 and x100 kind of made my mind up to sell the x e1 but after using it all weekend ive decided I love it and not going to part with it
clear.png

In fact I may sell my x pro1 to fund and x e2.
It is a lovely camera, but sadly I might have to sell mine to fund a 35mm lens for my xt1.
Apparently, according to Mrs A, I don't need 6 cameras!
Allan

Thanks for the feedback on the continuous shooting - I'll have a bit of a play this weekend then. I suspect at 6fps on continuous shooting with continuous focusing the camera probably won't keep up with itself.

It is a lovely camera, but sadly I might have to sell mine to fund a 35mm lens for my xt1.
Apparently, according to Mrs A, I don't need 6 cameras!
Allan

Wrong!!!

I sold an X-E1 to help fund an X-E2 only to buy the X-E1 back a few months later, having two Fuji bodies has been great and involves a lot less less swapping (something that I got used to when I spent a year with an X100). Can't bring myself to part with any of them now (including the X100) - anyway 6 cameras is a decent number, especially if they all do something different!

W
Wrong!!!

I sold an X-E1 to help fund an X-E2 only to buy the X-E1 back a few months later, having two Fuji bodies has been great and involves a lot less less swapping (something that I got used to when I spent a year with an X100). Can't bring myself to part with any of them now (including the X100) - anyway 6 cameras is a decent number, especially if they all do something different!
Well, I showed Mrs A your post, she didn't seem to agree!
I have an xt1 and xpro1 that are my favourites with 18-55 and free 55-200 attached. An xf1 and x20 for quick grab cameras and a huge ugly bulky dslr that weighs as much as all the others put together. Maybe I should just sell that and keep the xe2. It would look nice with a 35mm attached.
Allan

She just plain wrong!!!

I have a legacy Fuji MX2900, one of the first digital cameras
A Canon 40D with a couple of lenses, for the times when I want fast AF
Fuji X100, I just can't sell it!!
Fuji X-E1, main body 2
Fuji X-E2, main body 1
Fuji XF1, for a pocketable device
Fuji Instax90, its just fun

and a bucket load of lenses (Samyang 8mm, Fuji 14mm, 27mm, 25mm, 18-55mm, 50-230mm)

A slight Fuji addition!!

They all have their uses.........

Hi Karen, I like this shot very much, it has really good composition with spot on exposure, an excellent sky/clouds, some really nice reflections with just a little bit of movement in them. "Great stuff".(y)

If you don't mind me saying I feel colour wise it could do with just a little bit of warming up.

Only my opinion of course for what it's worth.

George.

Hi Karen, I like this shot very much, it has really good composition with spot on exposure, an excellent sky/clouds, some really nice reflections with just a little bit of movement in them. "Great stuff".(y)

If you don't mind me saying I feel colour wise it could do with just a little bit of warming up.

Only my opinion of course for what it's worth.

George.

Warmed up a little and I agree thank you George

View attachment 15232

For those of you who moved from the X-E1 to the X-E2, did you notice any improvement in AF speed? Opinions seem mixed, with the tracking being improved but AF single shot acquisition being similar?

Currently I have an X-E1 but intended to either replace it with an X-E2 or add an X-T1. I had been doing okay with the camera and I was going to sell off my DSLR kit. The 23mm arrived today and I'm a little underwhelmed with it. This is mainly due though to just having a frustrating day with the camera and missing just about every photo opportunity I went for :D (daughter playing)

I'm having second thoughts about the full switch, so will likely at least be keeping one DSLR and key lenses. I've enjoyed using MF lenses so have also considered going the A7 route.

For those of you who moved from the X-E1 to the X-E2, did you notice any improvement in AF speed? Opinions seem mixed, with the tracking being improved but AF single shot acquisition being similar?

Currently I have an X-E1 but intended to either replace it with an X-E2 or add an X-T1. I had been doing okay with the camera and I was going to sell off my DSLR kit. The 23mm arrived today and I'm a little underwhelmed with it. This is mainly due though to just having a frustrating day with the camera and missing just about every photo opportunity I went for :D (daughter playing)

I'm having second thoughts about the full switch, so will likely at least be keeping one DSLR and key lenses. I've enjoyed using MF lenses so have also considered going the A7 route.

The XT-1 is your best bet :)

It's where I'm headed, an X-T1 with either an X-E2 or X-E1 alongside it. I was intending to wait until X-T1 prices drop a bit whilst using the X-E1, but I might pick up an X-E2 instead whilst I'm waiting. Only if it is worth it though!

I have a silver X-E2 as well as an X-T1. They share the same new sensor and processor, so you know exactly what images will look like on both cameras, and the xe2 has quite a few improvements over the xe1, not least the improved AF.

Allan

A few posts ago I was asking about whether the camera re-focuses for each shot when shooting bursts of shots on an X-E1. At the weekend I set the camera up on continuous focus and then running at 6fps. I focused on a picture on the wall and then started shooting and at the same time moving backwards to see if the camera could keep up. I think I had the camera on a reasonably fast speed (1/250 perhaps). The upshot was that the first shot was in focus and then the rest of the shots became more and more out of focus as I moved away. Same story at 3fps. Conclusion is that the AF speed can't keep up with the burst speed I suppose. It's not to say it's no use at all as still can be handy if you want to capture a number of shots in the same 'plane'.

I should have tried the same but just left it on single focus but I'm reasonably sure the results would be the same.

The other thing I was wondering is on the continuous AF on the X-E1. If I hold the shutter button down and then move the camera around it doesn't seem to be re-focussing. If I don't hold the button and just move the camera around then the camera does seem to try and re-focus but not very successfully. I imagine this is the normal performance here. I was indoors but with reasonable light. Is this consistent with others?

The reason I ask is that I did read on the 'net that the quickest way to get a shot of a moving object with the X-E1 was to put it in continuous and then 'mash' the shutter button, I think they mean just go for the shot all in one go. Anyway - doesn't seem to work for me!

Thanks!

Not sure how the xe works, but does it have AF-L? Maybe it's set to lock on the first shot so if you keep the shutter pressed it won't move but when you do release it it keeps refocussing?

jj, love the processing although it looks a tad dark perhaps?

A few posts ago I was asking about whether the camera re-focuses for each shot when shooting bursts of shots on an X-E1. At the weekend I set the camera up on continuous focus and then running at 6fps. I focused on a picture on the wall and then started shooting and at the same time moving backwards to see if the camera could keep up. I think I had the camera on a reasonably fast speed (1/250 perhaps). The upshot was that the first shot was in focus and then the rest of the shots became more and more out of focus as I moved away. Same story at 3fps. Conclusion is that the AF speed can't keep up with the burst speed I suppose. It's not to say it's no use at all as still can be handy if you want to capture a number of shots in the same 'plane'.

I should have tried the same but just left it on single focus but I'm reasonably sure the results would be the same.

If on continuous focus you had walked backwards but just taken shots normally not in burst mode I wonder what the results would have been!

Back