Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Just bought an x-e1 so looking forward to contributing. Even though it's been replaced, it's still far better than my previous, a Canon 400d!

Don't knock the 400d in good light it's a great little camera....

Oh don't get me wrong — I still like it a lot and am far more comfortable with it than the Fuji but there's no denying things have moved on a bit! Two things it's better at than the X-E1: writing to card speed and autofocus speed.

Interested in picking one of these little cameras up - I've seen the X-E1 + 18-55 kit on the Fuji refurb site, how often do they come back into stock generally? Or would that just be a case of watch and wait?

And does anyone know of any bricks and mortar shops in Central London that may have an X-E1 on display to try?

You can ask for an email notifying when they are in stock on the refurb shop. Good value especially with the discount code, think I paid about 450 quid for my x-e1 and 18-55, looked like new too.

I haven't see the XE-1 and 18-55mm in-stock at the refurb shop since it dropped to the £439.98 Special Price (should be £400 with the discount code). But the red price specials aren't a not-in-stock special, I got the 55-200mm as a red price special.

The refurb store seems to be very low on stock at the moment. It does seem to come in big batches.

You can ask for an email notifying when they are in stock on the refurb shop. Good value especially with the discount code, think I paid about 450 quid for my x-e1 and 18-55, looked like new too.

I haven't see the XE-1 and 18-55mm in-stock at the refurb shop since it dropped to the £439.98 Special Price (should be £400 with the discount code). But the red price specials aren't a not-in-stock special, I got the 55-200mm as a red price special.

The refurb store seems to be very low on stock at the moment. It does seem to come in big batches.

Thanks, just saw the option. Now to actually try one!

Last edited:
Just a heads up, my X-E2 body is in the classifieds, just don't have time to use it. Only 3 months old!

Karen, I like this, but for me its either got too much foreground or too much sky!!

Have you experimented with cropping it into something more panoramic, I had a little play and prefer it cropped either just above the church, to give loads of foreground, or just below the wall to give loads of sky and less foreground.

Karen, I like this, but for me its either got too much foreground or too much sky!!

Have you experimented with cropping it into something more panoramic, I had a little play and prefer it cropped either just above the church, to give loads of foreground, or just below the wall to give loads of sky and less foreground.
I know it appears to break the rules of cutting across the middle but after doing exactly as you suggested myself as i edited it i realised doing that took away from the image i had in my mind when i took it. I like the sky i like the lines of the field and i like the position of the church so yes where i see what you're saying i actually waited a long time to get this shot and i'm happy to leave it breaking the rules lol. Thanks for taking time to comment though

Last edited:
I know it appears to break the rules of cutting across the middle but after doing exactly as you suggested myself as i edited it i realised doing that took away from the image i had in my mind when i took it. I like the sky i like the lines of the field and i like the position of the church so yes where i see what you're saying i actually waited a long time to get this shot and i'm happy to leave it breaking the rules lol. Thanks for taking time to comment though

That's a fair comment, I take a lot of pictures with central horizons as well, all rules are there to be broken!!!

Ducit Amor Patriae translated as Love of My Country Guides Me (or Us) is an installation created by artist Doug Jones and Border Textile Group.

The exhibition responds to the original use of the Gymnasium Gallery as a place for military training. It reflects on the experiences of soldiers who used it on a daily basis and lived in the nearby Berwick barracks.

Sixty figures, carved from wood and suspended on fitness swings, create a dense and poignant landscape of human activity and shadows. The mass of the soldiers is divided into three individual regiments identifiable by different colours of military fitness costumes. A group dressed as generals alludes to the hierarchy of individuals within an army while nurses and priests reflect on the human cost of war.

X-E2 Samyang 8mm ISO3200

Ducit Amor Patriae 2 sm
by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

Ducit Amor Patriae 1 sm
by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

Yep been away once for the same problem,spoke to the shop where i brought it from they going to put in a strong letter in with it,so hopefully will get it fixed this time.

Plus my shop told me about a couple of new lens 35mm with new focusing motor,and a new 56mm with ND filters build in.

and here is one taken with the X-E2 and the 55-200 lens....processed in SILVER EFEX PRO 2

Mono by kennysarmy, on Flickr
Fantastic character portrait jeff, he looks like he has a few stories to tell. The processing is very sympathtic too, I love the control Silver Efex Pro gives you for mono conversions

I
I like the way you have done it. I tend to take pictures that please me, if someone else likes them, it's a bonus!

Very seriously considering the x-e1 as a more of a lighter/smaller kit to my d7100, hopefully go for the 18-55mm kit and claim the free 50-230mm lens but I'm also wondering (without having to trawl the whole way through this thread) is there any third party cheaper wider lenses I could get until I could afford something like the 14mm or 10-24mm. I do shoot quite wide (12mm) quite a lot. Cheers

Very seriously considering the x-e1 as a more of a lighter/smaller kit to my d7100, hopefully go for the 18-55mm kit and claim the free 50-230mm lens but I'm also wondering (without having to trawl the whole way through this thread) is there any third party cheaper wider lenses I could get until I could afford something like the 14mm or 10-24mm. I do shoot quite wide (12mm) quite a lot. Cheers

Samyang have an 8mm Fish Eye, 12mm and 14mm, all X-mount, but all manual focus, there is a Zeiss 12mm as well but that is £££

A quick heads-up, there are four refurbed silver X-E2s on the Fuji shop at the moment that should work out at just under £360 each with the usual 10% discount code..

A quick heads-up, there are four refurbed silver X-E2s on the Fuji shop at the moment that should work out at just under £360 each with the usual 10% discount code..

Every time you put one in your basket,then go to checkout the price come up at £799.99 with discount code £719 :confused:

Back