Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Every time you put one in your basket,then go to checkout the price come up at £799.99 with discount code £719 :confused:
Keep going down the page, it's 6 items below the one you're looking at.. ..

.. it's not the X-E2 + 18mm kit deal (which is the one you're selecting - I just checked by putting the right one into my basket and the discount code was accepted)

Keep going down the page, it's 6 items below the one you're looking at.. ..

.. it's not the X-E2 + 18mm kit deal (which is the one you're selecting - I just checked by putting the right one into my basket and the discount code was accepted)

No it was just the body,it show up as £399.99,but if you look at the bottom total it showed as £799.99

http://shop.fujifilm.co.uk/checkout/cart/ have a look at the link :confused:

Last edited:
I can only go as far as putting it into my basket before having to sign into my account (dangerous, because Fuji have my payment details on record and I really must resist..) and it's showing up correctly there. Might be worth ringing up if it's an error at the end of the checkout process.

I can only go as far as putting it into my basket before having to sign into my account (dangerous, because Fuji have my payment details on record and I really must resist..) and it's showing up correctly there. Might be worth ringing up if it's an error at the end of the checkout process.

Will give them a try,i know very temping at that price :)

Hi all, I'm wondering what camera bags you use. I've got a lowpro sling for my canon gear but looking for a smaller bag for my Fuji plus 3 or 4 lenses. Everything I look at so far seems either too big or too small!

No but its working ok now,but cant really justified another body :D

I tried it earlier and it was fine for me. Like Alastair, Fuji had my details, so didn't want to proceed any further. Sell your XT1 and you can have two XE-2's :D

All gone now, which is a relief - I wasn't sure how long I could reisist the temptation..

All gone now, which is a relief - I wasn't sure how long I could reisist the temptation..
Phew. They were too cheap at that price. I can put mine up for sale now! :D

Two more just gone up, same price but this time in black..

.. better hang on a day or two @Ed Sutton !!

Is anyone shooting proper macro 1:1 on the Xe1/2? If so what are you using for this?

I personally feel the Zeiss macro lens is far too expensive and have been looking into some kind of adaptor and lens solution. Fuji 60mm isn't 1:1 unfortunately.

Love to hear what you are doing/using :)

Recommendations for thumb grips? Or do the generic eBay ones generally do the job? The products on Amazon appear to come with quite poor reviews.

Hi all, I'm wondering what camera bags you use. I've got a lowpro sling for my canon gear but looking for a smaller bag for my Fuji plus 3 or 4 lenses. Everything I look at so far seems either too big or too small!

I use a Troop London Messenger Bag, http://www.trooplondon.com/all-troopbags/trp0210-troop-london-canvas-messenger-bag.html They have quite a range of 'nice' canvas bags. The London, has a decent sized compartment, a shallow zipped pocket on the rear and two smaller pockets on the front (one of mine holds 6 x 58mm filters, so not that small!!) The bag has a zip around that allows expansion of main section if required.

4623h_trp0210-khaki.jpg

Currently without expansion, mine holds the following:-

1) Main Pocket - Small Camera Wizard case, holding Nikon J1 IR c/w 10mm lens and Fuji 50-230mm lens
Fuji X-E1 with 27mm in soft case
Fuji X-E2 with 18-55mm in soft case
Fuji 14mm lens in neoprene pouch
Samyang 8mm in Neoprene pouch
Gorillarpod Mini- tripod

2) Front Pocket 1 - 6 x 58mm filters in orginal boxes

3) Front Pocket 2 - Spare Batteries, memory cards, cleaning cloths, 18-55mm lens hood

4) Rear Pocket - Triggertrap Cable, Remote Release an Optech Strap

So quite a lot in a small bag, and much cheaper than many 'so called' camera bags. They do smaller bags so one of the others may suit better for just a single body and lenses http://www.trooplondon.com/all-troopbags/show/all.html

Last edited:
Is anyone shooting proper macro 1:1 on the Xe1/2? If so what are you using for this?

I personally feel the Zeiss macro lens is far too expensive and have been looking into some kind of adaptor and lens solution. Fuji 60mm isn't 1:1 unfortunately.

On my XT1, I am using a legacy M42 Pentacon 50mm lens and tubes for when I need macro or more likely close up. Total cost £50.00 including Fuji adapter.

When I had my XPro-1, I had a M42 Vivitar 55mm f2.8 1:1 (cost £100, but mint) Macro lens and using a lens adapter it performed excellent. If you want 1:1 I think you are better going the legacy lens route with an adpater, as you manual focus most of the time anyway. Due to disabilities I'm not steady enough for handheld Macro so sold the Vivitar, and use the tubes when required, which isn't very often. If you can get the Vivitar they are highly rated and mine was very sharp.

I had the 60mm and it doesnt get that close but is a great portrait lens. You can get etension tubes now for Fuji lenses, I dont know if they will get you closer with the 60mm. See link below.

If you can afford the Zeiss it's supposed to be a craking lens, I think Blank_Canvas (Nick) has one if you want to PM him, if you go this route.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390862652186?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:

I have started using the 50-230 plus a Canon D500 close up lens on an X-E2, not quite 1:1 but it has a nice long working distance ~ 40cm which help with insects. The images below were all taken with this combination, they are all from camera jpegs with no additional processing. The 4th shot uses the same lens combination but was shot on a IR modified X-E2 and the combination works well in IR which was a nice bonus.

Female Common Darter by Gareth Keevil, on Flickr
Common Darter by Gareth Keevil, on Flickr

A few of my recent outings with my Fuji :)

15067051191_bdcfed2916_b.jpg

Fujifilm X-E1 + 14mm

15069713682_bd2f76be3f_b.jpg

Fujifilm X-E1 + 14mm

14883421540_91a209318b_b.jpg

Fujifilm X-E1 + 14mm

As you can see I've been giving my new 14mm a run for its money, absolutely love it! Had a 20mm lens on my D700 but never really got in with and sold it in the end, however I'm really getting on with the 14mm!

Adam

I'm starting to really like what I'm seeing from the XE-2. I'm considering down sizing from my Nikon D7100 as I'm finding it too heavy to lug up hills and I feel that the smaller size cameras are now at a stage where they can compete with DSLR's.
Been looking at this or the XT-1 and apart from the weather sealing I can't see the justification for spending the extra. I'm not completely decided yet, I need to have a fondle of both first.

Thats good news, if its no good, I have my ( silver) X-E2 in the classifieds.....

Allan

I'm starting to really like what I'm seeing from the XE-2. I'm considering down sizing from my Nikon D7100 as I'm finding it too heavy to lug up hills and I feel that the smaller size cameras are now at a stage where they can compete with DSLR's.
Been looking at this or the XT-1 and apart from the weather sealing I can't see the justification for spending the extra. I'm not completely decided yet, I need to have a fondle of both first.

I don't own either, Andy, but from looking at them in shops the EVF works a lot better in the X-T1 than the XE-2. I guess the tilting screen (for low shots) and the wifi (for remote release rather than social media) are also attractive. But as you say, ATM much more expensive. Next year, however...?

X-T1 has better AF, weather seal, better viewfinder, better grip (imo), more manual controls. Both are great but the X-T1 edges it in pretty much every aspect except price, unless you like the RF styling of the X-E2.

Ive owned a few Fujis and a hell of a lot of other DSLRs including full frame and I ran 2 systems alongside, I was always happy with Fuji optics and image quality but the AF disappointed, the X-T1 changed that and Ive now sold all my other gear for a Fuji only bag.

I find the X-E2 a little small for my hands, the grip is a little slimmer than I would like too, apart from that, it produces excellent images.
X-T1 is superb all round, except for the ISO dial, the locking button is a nuisance.
I don't really see any differences in the images either produce though.
Allan

I like the nice small footprint on the camera,it's great for street work,but the XT-1 is better when using the longer zooms :)

X-T1 has better AF, weather seal, better viewfinder, better grip (imo), more manual controls. Both are great but the X-T1 edges it in pretty much every aspect except price, unless you like the RF styling of the X-E2.

Ive owned a few Fujis and a hell of a lot of other DSLRs including full frame and I ran 2 systems alongside, I was always happy with Fuji optics and image quality but the AF disappointed, the X-T1 changed that and Ive now sold all my other gear for a Fuji only bag.

I do actually like the XE-2 styling quite a lot and it is quite a bit smaller and lighter than the XT-1, and significantly cheaper.... however, the XT-1 isn't out of the frame yet.

Great news hope thats it at last

I thought I remembered Karen saying she already had a second body, maybe going for the hat trick?

Back