Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Just bought the x-e2 !, Fuji have just put some on there refurb site ;-), only 5 left (black ones), £360 with discount code, happy days ! :)

I was just about to say another batch had gone on the refurb store..

Down to four now.. .. I couldn't resist thie time..

Twenty-six black X-E1 bodies have been added as well, £210 but not a red-price special.

I thought the insides were the same....
Different sensor, different processor - or rather upgraded versions of each in the X-E2 compared to the X-E1.

But from the samples I've seen very similar high standard of quality in the final output. Bit depth is greater for files produced by the X-E2.

They do have the same sensor I believe ?, but have read that OOC jpegs are different, with e1 being better ? I trust members opinions here more than scanning the web for reviews etc.. :)

Last edited:
The X-E1 (and the X-Pro1) have the APS-C X-Trans CMOS sensor and the EXR Pro processor.
The X-E2 (and the X-T1) have the APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor and the EXR Pro II processor.

Just received my X-E2 ! excellent service from Fuji, ordered late Wednesday afternoon (with cheap postage), received today ! :ty:

Mine arrived today as well.. v1.00 firmware, so downloading v2.10 now :D

Is it wise to upgrade to 2.10 ? I read that the viewfinder has become less real, and more contrasty ? is this true ?

I did the X-E2 2.10 upgrade !... so far so good. First impressions where at how light the body was, expected it to be heavier, especially compared to the X-A1. AF speed is a big improvement over the X-A1 using the kit lens (16-50mm), and 27mm, and turning on High Performance Mode, DOES significantly speed up AF performance, though battery life will pay for it I'm sure !. So far the few images I've taken look great, though sharpness doesn't seem as good as my X-A1 (could be in-camera sharpening), but need to do proper side-by-side comparisons ! One thing I couldn't find was how to hold the image just taken without having to press play button ? I'm sure its in the menu somewhere, but couldn't find it !

EDIT
I found the hold image setting under screen setup :)

Last edited:
In the viewfinder, is it possible to display the grid ? its possible in the LCD display, but doesn't show in the viewfinder !?

In the viewfinder, is it possible to display the grid ? its possible in the LCD display, but doesn't show in the viewfinder !?

If the same as the XT1 menu, it should be in > maintenance mode page 1 > then under screen set up > then display custom settings > framing guidelines.

You have to press the Disp/Back button while looking through the viewfinder to select the viewfinder display that you want. "Custom" will give you the gridlines and any other options you have selected. Pressing Disp/Back while looking at the lcd gives the display options for the lcd. The options for the viewfinder and the lcd screen are different I think so that you can view an image through the viewfinder with all the information overlayed and then chimp a clean view on the lcd without the overlays - assuming you have the eye sensor option selected.

It's not that intuitive. Think I found it by accident but it will be in manual somewhere but I never seem to have time to read those when I have a new camera in my hands :)

Last edited:
well i just cracked and got an XE-2 with the 23mm 1.4 with the price from the shop and £200 cashback with the fuji offer this was a pretty good deal in the end. So , back in the fuji fold. Did have an XE-1 a while back and i liked that so good things from this i hope!

well i just cracked and got an XE-2 with the 23mm 1.4 with the price from the shop and £200 cashback with the fuji offer this was a pretty good deal in the end. So , back in the fuji fold. Did have an XE-1 a while back and i liked that so good things from this i hope!

Congrats, you will love it, especially the 23 1.4 . it's hardly been off my camera since i got it.

Back