Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

I've been using legacy M42 screw-mount lenses with an adaptor on my XE-2. These lenses are a joy to use, and the focus-peaking highlight makes manual focussing much easier than it ever was with old film SLRs.

Good stuff. That Pancolar is a cracker :)

Excited as I bought a cheap adapter to get my Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 MC mounted on my X-E2

Excited as I bought a cheap adapter to get my Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 MC mounted on my X-E2
I don't have an adapter for my Zuiko 50mm, so I'll be interested to hear how you get on. I've tried a Pen F lens (F.Zuiko Auto-S 38mm f/1.8), and wasn't too impressed; but the Zuiko 50 should be better.

Here's one I did with an MC Mir 20mm f/3.5, which was made in Russia by KMZ based on designs for the Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 20 mm f/2.8:

Last edited:
Well I have only had the E-X1 and the 23mm for 24 hours with only a wee play... I'm in love!

Focus is much better than I thought it was going to be, so many wee gadgets and bits that are great to have over an slr! I really am happy that I shall not be moving from this system in a hurry!

Colours are gorgeous, I also love the Velvia film simulator as well. Focus peeking is the bizz!! the 23mm... sharpness is stunning even pin sharp at 1.4!!!

Will post up a few shots when I can.

Tried wireless tethering for the first time this afternoon. Very comfortable sitting indoors whilst the camera is out in the cold!

X-E2, Carl Zeiss Tele-Tessar 135mm f/4 HFT

Guys what shutter release do you recommend for the xe2? Wired or remote is fine.
The only two remotes I've used are old-fashioned wire-in-tube and a Nexus 7 via the remote app - both work well, which is better depends what you need it for.

The only two remotes I've used are old-fashioned wire-in-tube and a Nexus 7 via the remote app - both work well, which is better depends what you need it for.
Hi Alastair,

It would just be for long exposure shots. I'm not sure the fuji app would be much help with this but i'll have a look. I was just thinking one of the wired shutter release but i don't know if there's tons of choice.

Post deleted due to replying to old post that somehow appeared to be new.

I'm awesome.

Last edited:
Has anyone given classic chrome a go with their X-E2 ?

I did at the weekend, really like it :)

DSCF2165.jpg

Last edited:
Am really loving my x-e1 but am struggling with the raw convertor, I have light room 3 but this doesn't support the raw files, my question is which version of light room, supports the Fuji raw files

To the best of my knowledge it needs LR5 or PSE11, alternatively convert them to DNG or use the Fuji Silkypix software that comes with the camera

Pretty sure you'll need the current version of LR for the best resuts with the Fuji .raf files - Adobe had problems demosaicing the xtrans raw files. From memory the later updates of LR4 start to work, but it's not until LR5 that things really start to get acceptable.

There's also a knack to sharpening the .raf files, if you treat them like a Canikon raw file the results aren't so good - but if you play to their strengths the results are excellent. There should be a link a page or three back to a blog entry describing how using high Detail sharpening settings is the secret.

Am really loving my x-e1 but am struggling with the raw convertor, I have light room 3 but this doesn't support the raw files, my question is which version of light room, supports the Fuji raw files

The X-Pro1, & the X-1, and the smaller X cameras up to the X-20 are supported in LR4. Later models need LR5 or PS6. I convert my images from my Fuji-X cameras to DNG and work on them in LR4 with excellent results.

George.

I already have the 50-230 and wondered if anyone has upgraded from this to the 55-200. I'm just wondering if the extra money is worth the upgrade, The 50-230 isn't a bad lens but sometimes it hunts a bit especially at the longest end.

I already have the 50-230 and wondered if anyone has upgraded from this to the 55-200. I'm just wondering if the extra money is worth the upgrade, The 50-230 isn't a bad lens but sometimes it hunts a bit especially at the longest end.

I've not come across an optically bad Fuji-X lens yet including the 50-230, but the 55-200 is "stunningly" good. In my honest opinion It easily matches the optical performance of any of the other manufacturers comparable focal length lenses that I have used (including the pro glass units).

George.

Good to hear a lot of love for the old X-E1 : that's what I've got behind an old lens, and feel no urge to get a 'better' body.

Good to hear a lot of love for the old X-E1 : that's what I've got behind an old lens, and feel no urge to get a 'better' body.

I'm surprised at how closely the two cameras perform actually. The X-E2 is noticeably quicker when the phase detect AF kicks in, but that's only when there's something vertical for it to lock onto (from what I can see). The EVF is smoother in low light, but it didn't make the difference I expected.

I have both, but prefer the handling of the X-E2, little things like faster AF, better EVF and the second function button, make life just that bit easier.

I often carry both of them, with a lens attached to each, today the 18-55 on the X-E2 and the Samyang 8mm on the X-E1.

If I had the choice I'd have 2x X-E2

I've shot off 100 or so frames today with the X-E2 and...I'm going to send it back. Great camera and stuff, but the X-E1 does 90% of what the X-E2 does (for my needs). Will pick up a 2nd X-E1 instead and use the difference to buy another lens :)

Hi, admire your choice. Can I ask if this is normal to use a camera and then send it back if it's not for you? Or who has this return policy? This could seriously reduce the cost of my GAS illness!! Thanks

Hi, admire your choice. Can I ask if this is normal to use a camera and then send it back if it's not for you? Or who has this return policy? This could seriously reduce the cost of my GAS illness!! Thanks

Hi, it's not normal for me :) But in this case, as it's a refurb anyway (and had a few marks) I don't feel too guilty. By law you have 14 days to cancel your contract with the supplier, but the vendor may reduce your refund if they feel you have handled the goods in way different than that in a physical shop.

Exploring my camera a bit more now and getting into the swing of things. Quick question, classic chrome... Can I get this on my X-E1? It's not in the list, think I have 2.3 firmware.

Hi, it's not normal for me :) But in this case, as it's a refurb anyway (and had a few marks) I don't feel too guilty. By law you have 14 days to cancel your contract with the supplier, but the vendor may reduce your refund if they feel you have handled the goods in way different than that in a physical shop.

Thanks, understood :)

Back