The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I think it's been mentioned on some sites it will be a 120-400mm lens, we will have to wait and see I suppose.

It's a real pain that it's been put back to the end of 2015. I'd got into the Fuji system now based on it being available the end of this year :(

I'll see if I can pick up a nice 400mm prime for airshows next year I suppose...

I px'd the remainder of my Canon gear last week, X-T1 arrived today, vertical grip on order. Just having a play, it's a bit different to my X-E2 but I do like the viewfinder :)

It's a real pain that it's been put back to the end of 2015. I'd got into the Fuji system now based on it being available the end of this year :(

I'll see if I can pick up a nice 400mm prime for airshows next year I suppose...

That's the reason I bought back into Fuji, after selling my XP1's and lenses as I thought I would be buying a new lens later in the year. I have just bought a SH 300mm F4 zoom, hopefully that will tie me over until next year.

The main issues with tele-converters are

1) will it physically fit? A lens element may protrude and prevent it.

The FD to EF adapter already there suggests it's more likely than not that it would be OK.

2) Loss of AF with slower lenses.

Which is not really an issue with MF glass. ;)

3) The viewfinder may get a bit dark with a TC on an f/4 lens, though the EVF will help with that.

The remaining question is how well the image quality holds up with a TC on a zoom, but that's something you'd have to evaluate for yourself.

If I was to buy a TC what would you recommend / advise?. Would you go for a Tokina one to match the lens or a Canon one to match the brand??? I have been reading some forums and the 7 element Tokina and Canon FD2X-A get good reviews. I have also seen that FFordes have some new old stock of the Canon TC for £49.00.

Blank Canvas may like that idea but my kit fund might not!!! 180-600 EFL with XF lens quality... :drool:!

Mt friendly local shop has seen an 18-135 and are impressed, hoping to see stock arrive in the next week or so (and I'm top of the list of pre-orderers...)

Blank Canvas may like that idea but my kit fund might not!!! 180-600 EFL with XF lens quality... :drool:!

Mt friendly local shop has seen an 18-135 and are impressed, hoping to see stock arrive in the next week or so (and I'm top of the list of pre-orderers...)

Do they know anything on dates/ how to use the voucher?

I won't be buying the new lens but I do have an email (voucher) if anyone wants it drop me a PM I'm out of the UK at the moment but should be back within a week or so.

The chap in the shop wasn't 100% sure how it'll work but reckons it'll probably be e-mailed to us and redeemable in store. As for date, he's again not certain but it should be soon. Keep checking your in boxes if you registered your X-T1 with Fuji.

Yes as above - I just got an email. There's no golden ticket per say. I'll sort my mailbox. I really should have flagged that one !

Yes as above - I just got an email. There's no golden ticket per say. I'll sort my mailbox. I really should have flagged that one !

When did you receive this email. I went through my inbox to double check just in case I have missed it but nothing. Just the first Fuji email saying that I will receive another soon :(

At the end of the above review, at the value for money section, he compares the Fuji to the Sony 18-105, F4, I'm not sure because it's mirrorless lens???, but I thought a fair comparison would have been the Penatx 18-135 f3.5 -f5.6 which is also a WR lens and same aperture and costs £379, a big difference to the Fuji price @ £750.

Last edited:
At the end of the above review, at the value for money section, he compares the Fuji to the Sony 18-105, F4, I'm not sure because it's mirrorless lens???, but I thought a fair comparison would have been the Penatx 18-135 f3.5 -f5.6 which is also a WR lens and same aperture and costs £379, a big difference to the Fuji price @ £750.

I wouldn't pay near RRP for it.

I wouldn't pay near RRP for it.

I totally agree. It is overpriced specially for a F3.5-F5.6 lens.

I cant see the benefit of this lens unless you really need the WR. Most people I know who go out shooting for the day carry a bag, if that's the case it's just as easier to carry the 18-55 & 55-200 lenses with you, which will be far superior to this lens in the IQ stakes. If your that much bothered about WR, you would be better off purchasing a WR lens covers for your lenses.

With the slower aperture of this lens are you going to be in the same league as the 16-50 & 50-230 lenses??, which aren't bad lenses as I have used both, but their not as good as the 18-55 & 55-200, which I have aslo owned.

Last edited:
Hopefully the 18-135 will be what I am looking for, just want a multi purpose lens roughly equivalent to the 24-105 I used on my 5D. No interest in the 55-200, but a longer tele end than the 18-55 will be very handy, WR is a bonus too.

Guessing it will be good quality and the price with the 250 quid off isn't too bad especially as some retailers will discount the rrp. just need to know when it will be available and then hope my voucher turns up.

Hopefully the 18-135 will be what I am looking for, just want a multi purpose lens roughly equivalent to the 24-105 I used on my 5D. No interest in the 55-200, but a longer tele end than the 18-55 will be very handy, WR is a bonus too.

Guessing it will be good quality and the price with the 250 quid off isn't too bad especially as some retailers will discount the rrp. just need to know when it will be available and then hope my voucher turns up.

Yeah, with the voucher its more attractive, I would go to around £400 for it but I wouldn't actually buy it. Just not a fan of zooms. But as you say, its a decent walkabout and a lot will be interested. Nice for hols etc.

its a decent walkabout and a lot will be interested.

Exactly my thoughts, most of my photography is travel related and willing to compromise a bit for the convenience.

Yeah, with the voucher its more attractive, I would go to around £400 for it but I wouldn't actually buy it. Just not a fan of zooms. But as you say, its a decent walkabout and a lot will be interested. Nice for hols etc.

Perhaps I should have mentioned that in my previous post. Unless you have the voucher it's an expensive lens and I can see the benefits as a walkaround as Rich has stated. I had the 18-105 for my Nikon D7K and I couldn't wait to get rid for the better quality f2.8 lenses. Although with Fuji we dont currently have these f2.8 17-50 lenses like we had with Tamron & Sigma, which were better for me. I also had the Nikon & Tamron 70-300 for the long end plus primes. I dont mind changing lenses.

I cant see the benefit of this lens unless you really need the WR. Most people I know who go out shooting for the day carry a bag, if that's the case it's just as easier to carry the 18-55 & 55-200 lenses with you, which will be far superior to this lens in the IQ stakes. If your that much bothered about WR, you would be better off purchasing a WR lens covers for your lenses.

With the slower aperture of this lens are you are going to be in the same league as the 16-50 & 50-230 lenses??, which aern't bad lenses as I have used both, but their not as good as the 18-55 & 55-200, which I have aslo owned.

Good point. My compact travel bag consists of the X-T1+18-55mm and the 10-24mm or 55-200 depending on what I'm doing. Most images are pre-planned in advance. Also have a polariser and travel tripod, 4 cards and 4 batteries. That's about as light as I go. It's a very light compact set up. Of course the tripod only comes out in the evening if I know m going to need it. I don't bother with a cable release. Just use the 10 second self-timer.

I would have prefer it if the voucher had been for the 16-55mm F2.8 and that lens had come 1st,but the 18-135 is an useful range and will get it with the voucher :)

As did I. Now I just need to find the box so I can get the original receipt out of it then wait for the call from the dealer to tell me it's in stock. Oh, and pay the balance as well!

Could you tell me please Ros what form the vouchers takes?

Is it redeemable in store, code for online or cash back, also where can it be used

Thanks
Rich

I also had another email from Fuji today.,,,,

Dear Nick,

We're delighted to inform you that the new Fujinon XF18-135mm Weather Resistant versatile zoom lens is now available to buy in the UK!

As you registered the purchase of your X-T1 camera, you are entitled to get £250 off the normal price of this fantastic lens.

It's nice of them to contact me but I have this focal range covered, so won't be purchasing one.

The voucher can be used in the shop where the camera was originally purchased (the email tells you the store name), and you need to take the original receipt with you.

Thanks David, bit difficult for those that bought online though

More I think about it less sense it makes, not always possible to use the same store for a multitude of reasons

Last edited:
Thanks David, bit difficult for those that bought online though

More I think about it less sense it makes, not always possible to use the same store for a multitude of reasons

Email states "If you purchased your camera online, please contact your retailer to find out how to redeem."

I did get the email later today. I receive Fuji emails straight to my inbox no problem whatsoever, the emailed voucher from Fuji straight to spam :mad:.

What is weird is that the voucher is for my registered XT1 grip o_O and not my XT1 as the serial number in the email is the one on my grip.

Last edited:
Well after a long period of deliberation I now have an XT1 18-135 kit on the way :) ......10-24 and 56mm 1.2 to follow soon after :)

Back