The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

All academic for now, still no voucher and Jessops (where it came from) does not show the 18-135.

Daresay it will show up, had the email thanking me for registering the camera and promising the 250 quid off

The voucher gives use a code to use online.

No code in my e-mail, just instructions as to how to redeem it in store. As far as I can see, no requirement to purchase the lens from the dealer you bought the body from either. Might be worth calling them on 0344 553 2321 to get clarification from the horse's mouth as it were. HERE is a list of participating retailers. I'm off into town shortly since I've had the call to say mine's in stock awaiting my collection. I've even found my receipt!

All academic for now, still no voucher and Jessops (where it came from) does not show the 18-135.

Daresay it will show up, had the email thanking me for registering the camera and promising the 250 quid off

Same here thats all i have had :(

Just checked with my local LCE,they still not heard of a release date on the lens yet

Last edited:
No idea where I will buy when/if I get the voucher, hoping to buy online. Oh well if they don't want my money no problem, best get a move on before I spend it on something else

First impressions of the lens... (18-135)

Only had a quick play so far but it seems well up to the rest of the XF range's standard. VERY impressed with the stabilisation, makes up for the relative lack of speed as long as you don't want/need the shallow DoF a wider aperture allows. Smooth to zoom and focus with the aperture ring having the normal XF feel, smooth with definite clicks. As with all the XF lenses, the cap lugs are quite narrow so standing the capped lens on end while changing could leave it a bit precariously perched - I'll be getting a replacement to give mine a wider base.

The Devon Camera Centre had 2 arrive this morning and seem to be among the best official dealer prices (mine was £699.99 as a pre-order price and it would seem that that's their price for it even now it's in stock). If anyone wants it, give them a call to see how they'll deal with internet/phone/mail orders involving the voucher. Having put a £50 deposit down (to make sure I got the pre-order price) and using the £250 voucher, it was rather satisfying to con myself into it only costing me £399.99 today!

Is it perfect? No! Nothing (apart from Mrs Nod) is but it does have a very versatile range of focal lengths, an extremely good IS system (they claim 5 stops and I wouldn't be too surprised if it is) in a well built package. Matches the X-T1 beautifully in terms of balance, much like the 24-120 feels on my D700 (but without the weight!) I can see it staying welded to the X-T1 but I'll keep the 10-24 and 55-200 in the bag just in case they're needed, although I might try taking just the single lens on the next holiday but with options available using another system. I might cheat and take the 10-24 as well since I do love my wide angles!

Picked mine up today, out at the seaside with it very pleased so far quick focus, very useful range , hopefully get some photos up when I get home later :)

I think it will be a very useful range as a single walkabout lens.

Great walk about lens,just spend a few hours at the seaside really worked out fine,the extra reach was very useful,not quite up to my Nikon 28-300mm for reach,but an lot lighter.
I think I will be using this lens on my camera quite a bit.
Also build is really good,AF in the light I was using it in spot on,IQ will have to check as soon as I can get on my computer.

:)

No code in my e-mail, just instructions as to how to redeem it in store. As far as I can see, no requirement to purchase the lens from the dealer you bought the body from either. Might be worth calling them on 0344 553 2321 to get clarification from the horse's mouth as it were. HERE is a list of participating retailers. I'm off into town shortly since I've had the call to say mine's in stock awaiting my collection. I've even found my receipt!

Mine had on it the receipt No from the shop I brought it from the camera,was told by Fuji this morning their is an requirement to buy it from the shop you brought your camera from :)

This is the relevant part of the e-mail I got, with the serial number edited. No receipt number and no reference to having to buy from the original shop (although I did since they've got a good price on it and I believe in using local businesses when possible.)

Please print this email and take it to one of the stores on the following list, along with a copy of your original X-T1 receipt to receive your £250 discount.
s.gif

s.gif

NAME:
MODEL: FUJIFILM X-T1
SERIAL: 41M1####
DATE OF PURCHASE: 28/04/2014

This voucher business is so convoluted, why not just include a voucher in with the camera. Unique code for one time use that can be presented instore or used online
I also got told it has to be used at the store where the camera was bought. Still waiting for a reply from Fuji as mine came from Jessops online, but they don't have any of the new lenses

I bought mine through the Fujifilm shop online - and THEY don't have the lens on their website!

This voucher business is so convoluted, why not just include a voucher in with the camera. Unique code for one time use that can be presented instore or used online
I also got told it has to be used at the store where the camera was bought. Still waiting for a reply from Fuji as mine came from Jessops online, but they don't have any of the new lenses

Like cashback vouchers. Which many people whinge about as well.

I rang Fuji to get my voucher today,and I am sure Jessops will get them in :)

When buying from the Fuji refub store, does anyone know where or when to input the code paypal12? Thanks

Spoke to the retailer that I purchased my XT-1 from and they arent getting the new 18-135mm lens in at all - Fuji have told me that I need to PROVE this before I can use my voucher elsewhere - cant say Im very happy with their response :(

Can't see what they can gain from being awkward, not good coming from a well known respected brand !

Spoke to the retailer that I purchased my XT-1 from and they arent getting the new 18-135mm lens in at all - Fuji have told me that I need to PROVE this before I can use my voucher elsewhere - cant say Im very happy with their response :(

I wouldn't be happy, tell Fuji to ring the retailer. Or send an email to the retailer that you can forward the reply to Fuji.

I wouldn't be happy, tell Fuji to ring the retailer. Or send an email to the retailer that you can forward the reply to Fuji.

Thanks, Ive just spoken to the retailer they are going to send me an email confirming that they are not getting the lens in so that I can send it to Fuji - still cant see why Fuji are being so difficult about it, you would think they would want us to spend our money ;)

Thanks, Ive just spoken to the retailer they are going to send me an email confirming that they are not getting the lens in so that I can send it to Fuji - still cant see why Fuji are being so difficult about it, you would think they would want us to spend our money ;)

Perhaps they never expected the uptake to be so big and are going to struggle with demand.

Just had the same conversation with Fuji, agreed to send me a voucher with a list of retailers where it can be used.

Apparently if you specified a retailer you bought from when registering the camera they have some sort of agreement that requires you get the lens from the named retailer

As I previously mentioned seems daft to me and agree with Tracy about just wanting us to spend our money therefore continuing investing in their system

Why couldn't your dealer just order one in for you ?

Why couldn't your dealer just order one in for you ?

Because they are a small independent dealer and apparently Fuji dont seem to want to deal with them - this is a quote from the email that the dealer sent to me "We would very much like to stock the current and new Fuji cameras and accessories and to support you with the Fuji camera you purchased from us; as we do with all products that we supply, but due to Fuji's trading philosophy with independent dealers (which includes ourselves), it has made it insurmountable at the present time" I guess that Fuji prefer larger companies :(

Because they are a small independent dealer and apparently Fuji dont seem to want to deal with them - this is a quote from the email that the dealer sent to me "We would very much like to stock the current and new Fuji cameras and accessories and to support you with the Fuji camera you purchased from us; as we do with all products that we supply, but due to Fuji's trading philosophy with independent dealers (which includes ourselves), it has made it insurmountable at the present time" I guess that Fuji prefer larger companies :(

I would have thought if the number of bodies they bought was not "insurmountable" and "if" they knew of the offer that was included with the body alone they could have bought the same number of lenses....emphasis on "if" :)

That's a shame,my local part of the LCE group which give them more buying power

Calumet are doing a Fuji Summer Special at the moment Any XF lens with a XT-1 body and you can claim £100 back.

It is part of the Fuji cashback promotions. They are also giving £200 cashback when you buy 2 XF lenses.

Well I give up, Fuji might make nice cameras/lenses, but their customer service is crap

Despite being told I would receive a voucher and a list of retailers where it could be used, I get this instead

We can confirm, when stock of these lenses arrive for Jessops customers you
will receive an email with a voucher and then you can redeem the voucher
over the phone directly with Jessops when purchasing the lens

No mention of when it might be, probably after the voucher expires, where is freedom of choice?

To be honest can't be bothered any more, will carry on using the 18-55mm and spend the cash on something else, good marketing skills there Fuji.

Final straw is now getting unsolicited emails from Jessops within 30 minutes of the above missive, can only assume that my details were passed to them by Fuji, cheers for that.

Last edited:
Well I give up, Fuji might make nice cameras/lenses, but their customer service is crap

Despite being told I would receive a voucher and a list of retailers where it could be used, I get this instead

We can confirm, when stock of these lenses arrive for Jessops customers you
will receive an email with a voucher and then you can redeem the voucher
over the phone directly with Jessops when purchasing the lens

No mention of when it might be, probably after the voucher expires, where is freedom of choice?

To be honest can't be bothered any more, will carry on using the 18-55mm and spend the cash on something else, good marketing skills there Fuji.

Should've just sent lenses directly from their own warehouse instead of involving retailers and causing headaches for people. Very stupid.

Should've just sent lenses directly from their own warehouse instead of involving retailers and causing headaches for people. Very stupid.

That would have been an easy option. The only problem is that people would have paid the full asking price.

That would have been an easy option. The only problem is that people would have paid the full asking price.

Why, they would just confirm claim validity with retailer the same way they did with all the other promotions. Fuji could've received claim, confirmed with retailer, contacted person for remaining payment, sent out lens. Easy.

Last edited:
Now had a call and received a list of retailers where I can redeem the voucher

That's great, just one slight flaw I haven't got a bloody voucher!!

Back