The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Now had a call and received a list of retailers where I can redeem the voucher

That's great, just one slight flaw I haven't got a bloody voucher!!

I rang them yesterday and asked if they could do my voucher,and they did their & then got the e.mail shortly after speaking to them.

Because they are a small independent dealer and apparently Fuji dont seem to want to deal with them - this is a quote from the email that the dealer sent to me "We would very much like to stock the current and new Fuji cameras and accessories and to support you with the Fuji camera you purchased from us; as we do with all products that we supply, but due to Fuji's trading philosophy with independent dealers (which includes ourselves), it has made it insurmountable at the present time" I guess that Fuji prefer larger companies :(

Well, the place I got mine isn't the largest shop in town and has only 2 branches (the other one's smaller than the Exeter one.)

If Fuji won't supply the shop with the lens for whatever reason, surely they know so would supply you direct?

Should've just sent lenses directly from their own warehouse instead of involving retailers and causing headaches for people. Very stupid.

Absolutely no headache for me. E-mail arrived one evening and the next morning I got a call from the shop to tell me it was in for me to collect. Hardest bit was finding the receipt - I usually stick them in the box so I know where they are but for some reason the X-T1 one got filed away in the receipt drawer (which I had forgotten existed! Fortunately Mrs Nod hadn't forgotten...)

Rang again and got this email in reply, still don't know who sends the voucher or when it might be

You will receive your voucher in due course. As you purchased it from
Jessops but want to purchase it
from a different retailer you will have to wait for your voucher. As in
the previous I have give you a list of
retailer where you will be able to use your voucher when you receive it.

p*** up and brewery springs to mind

Absolutely no headache for me. E-mail arrived one evening and the next morning I got a call from the shop to tell me it was in for me to collect. Hardest bit was finding the receipt - I usually stick them in the box so I know where they are but for some reason the X-T1 one got filed away in the receipt drawer (which I had forgotten existed! Fortunately Mrs Nod hadn't forgotten...)

But tbh, it appears to be a problem for others like Rich and Tracy which could easily been avoided with some proper planning, they didn't even let people now how the scheme would work, was it supposed to be a big secret?! Nope, just bad planning.

Just sent this reply below, determined to get the voucher now even if I don't use it.

Thanks for the reply, still not clear at all how this works
Who actually sends the voucher and why have I not received it as yet
Others that I know received their voucher on 30/07, my camera is registered with you and all I want is the voucher so that I can purchase the 18-135mm lens
Presumably the offer is controlled by yourselves so can somebody just send me the voucher please

Just sent this reply below, determined to get the voucher now even if I don't use it.

Thanks for the reply, still not clear at all how this works
Who actually sends the voucher and why have I not received it as yet
Others that I know received their voucher on 30/07, my camera is registered with you and all I want is the voucher so that I can purchase the 18-135mm lens
Presumably the offer is controlled by yourselves so can somebody just send me the voucher please

Its Friday at 16:00, nobody can be A****. :(

What a shame that the £250 off voucher for the 18-135 lens can't used in conjunction with by two lenses and get £200 off deal on offer from Fuji UK. I note the 18-135 is excluded from that as there is no tick box for it on the claim form - unless somebody knows better !?!
James

Finally someone who actually has some common sense

Still not sure why they want to direct customers back to the original retailer and why didn't the reason for the delay get explained to those expecting a voucher.

When ***** said "You will receive your voucher in due course.", he actually
mean this afternoon.We're doing a batch of vouchers at the moment.

> Who actually sends the voucher and why have I not received it as yet

We send it but the reason you didn't get it beforehand is that we are
trying to send people back to their original retailers but Jessops do not
have any stock of the lenses yet so they asked us to hold off sending
anything to people that purchased from them.

However, the email that you will get this afternoon will not insist that
you purchase from Jessops, but instead will give a list of retailers you
can purchase the lens from (I think you have already seen this list)

I hope this makes sense.

What a shame that the £250 off voucher for the 18-135 lens can't used in conjunction with by two lenses and get £200 off deal on offer from Fuji UK. I note the 18-135 is excluded from that as there is no tick box for it on the claim form - unless somebody knows better !?!
James

You are right. They always exclude new lenses

Finally someone who actually has some common sense

Still not sure why they want to direct customers back to the original retailer and why didn't the reason for the delay get explained to those expecting a voucher.

When ***** said "You will receive your voucher in due course.", he actually
mean this afternoon.We're doing a batch of vouchers at the moment.

> Who actually sends the voucher and why have I not received it as yet

We send it but the reason you didn't get it beforehand is that we are
trying to send people back to their original retailers but Jessops do not
have any stock of the lenses yet so they asked us to hold off sending
anything to people that purchased from them.

However, the email that you will get this afternoon will not insist that
you purchase from Jessops, but instead will give a list of retailers you
can purchase the lens from (I think you have already seen this list)

I hope this makes sense.

A result, well done for not giving in :)

The whole issue has just been farcical !!

Hopefully that isn't a sign that the reborn Jessops is having problems paying its bills (again...) I would have thought that a chain like Jessops would have ordered plenty to keep their customers happy.

Look at a forum search for cashback offers and see how many whinges there are about delays on them from pretty much all the manufacturers. It's nearly 2 whole days since the first shipment of the lens was actually sent out to dealers and we have no idea how many applications/registrations Fuji have had and how many retailers think they're speshul cases and should have a say in how their supplier deals with the offer. Give them a chance before slating them - I'm sure they're doing their best!

The other problem going to they are in short supply,so dealer are going to sell first to people who brought from them also to people who need them,say for XE or X1.

I'm sure they're doing their best!

Keeping customers informed is the one golden rule, most people are reasonable if they know why and on this point they failed miserably

Took umpteen emails and phone calls before it was clearly explained, they are obviously having great success with their X range, now need to spend some cash on their customer services department. No matter how good a product is one sure way to lose custom is poor aftersales service.

Keeping customers informed is the one golden rule, most people are reasonable if they know why and on this point they failed miserably

Took umpteen emails and phone calls before it was clearly explained, they are obviously having great success with their X range, now need to spend some cash on their customer services department. No matter how good a product is one sure way to lose custom is poor aftersales service.

Totally agree. Theyve been through enough promos to have learnt how to deal with them.

Last edited:
How many calls and e-mails?

Yes, keeping customers informed is important and I'm sure they're doing their best - I wonder how many people they have manning phones/computers dealing with enquiries from the public? They've probably been caught out by the demand for the lens under this offer, especially since it was originally only open until the end of this month (August) but has (I think) been extended since the release has been delayed (for whatever reason.)

Anyone actually planning to abandon the system because of a (what is, in the great scheme of things) slight hiccough? I'll be happy to take on another X-T1 - for £50!!!

How many calls and e-mails?

Yes, keeping customers informed is important and I'm sure they're doing their best - I wonder how many people they have manning phones/computers dealing with enquiries from the public? They've probably been caught out by the demand for the lens under this offer, especially since it was originally only open until the end of this month (August) but has (I think) been extended since the release has been delayed (for whatever reason.)

Anyone actually planning to abandon the system because of a (what is, in the great scheme of things) slight hiccough? I'll be happy to take on another X-T1 - for £50!!!

Whos talking about dumping Fuji :rolleyes: I certainly havent! All thats being implied is that they certainly couldve dealt with it better.

Well I have recieved a voucher after registering my camera yesterday which I purchased from Panamoz. So if anybody neeeds it please PM me and I will forward on as I won't be buying the lens. A copy below of the email received from Fuji, I have deleted my email addy and serial number. As you can see below all you have to do is print off the email. Not copied over is the list of participating dealers.

So Rich or Tracy if this is any benefit to you or others please PM for me to forward email.

Edit: The forum won't let me copy over the email. Basically from the email all you have to do is print off and take to a dealer which is on there approved list along with your recipet for camera purchase.

Edit 2: Link for email removed as I couldn't edit it to remove my email & serial number.

Last edited:
Very kind of you Simon, but I now have a voucher thank you
Might be a slight problem if they check the voucher serial number against the one on the receipt

Bit surprised you got the voucher with a grey import, thought it was a UK offer, seems not then

Cheers
Rich

Last edited:
Very kind of you Simon, but I now have a voucher thank you
Might be a slight problem if they check the voucher serial number against the one on the receipt

Bit surprised you got the voucher with a grey import, thought it was a UK offer, seems not then

Cheers
Rich

I stated on registration where purchased from and I had to in-put the serial number. So it's gone on their system and approved, because I had the voucher????

Hopefully nobodies been a pansy and reported ito_O

Just read my post,i didn't mean i reported anything about it,i just meant they were looking into why i never received my voucher,something up with their computer system and its not being sending everybody out their voucher who reg their camera :)

Just read my post,i didn't mean i reported anything about it,i just meant they were looking into why i never received my voucher,something up with their computer system and its not being sending everybody out their voucher who reg their camera :)

I still haven't received the voucher for my register XT1 but I have received a voucher for my registered grip :D

So surely their computers are messed up

I still haven't received the voucher for my register XT1 but I have received a voucher for my registered grip :D

So surely their computers are messed up

Yep they had me down for 3 register XT-1,so the voucher were suppose to be sent out automatically but i had to ring them and get them to send mine out o_O

My L bracket finally arrived yesterday. Would have preferred if it sat flush with the camera footprint rather than being a bit wider all round, but it's still nice and not too badly priced. (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171374475277?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT).

Also pictured is a Helios 44 on a Kiwi Fotos adapter - the first adapter I've ever found where the manufacturers appear to have made some effort! Nicely packaged, even has instructions!

My L bracket finally arrived yesterday. Would have preferred if it sat flush with the camera footprint rather than being a bit wider all round, but it's still nice and not too badly priced. (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171374475277?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT).

I ordered the same bracket the other day, well presumably the same one from this link. I'm a cheapskate that always changes the search to worldwide as it can sometimes save a £ or 2 How long was the wait?

I ordered the same bracket the other day, well presumably the same one from this link. I'm a cheapskate that always changes the search to worldwide as it can sometimes save a £ or 2 How long was the wait?

I ordered mine on July 19th, arrived yesterday. Not too bad, although the adapter was ordered on the 23rd and arrived the same day!

Same for me, also bought one for my X-E1 from the same chap

Very good service from Austin, excellent comms too, surprised how nicely made they are for the money

That to me looks like its a FD fitting with a FD to EF adapter fitted, you would need to remove the converter and use it with your Fuji to FD adapter

Quite an old manual focus lens, but by all accounts pretty decent quality and worth a pop for the money

Spot on Rich, the lens turned up yesteray and it is a FD mount with a EF adapter, so I was able to use my FD > Fuji adapter. Looks a quality adapter and maybe original Canon??

First impressions of the lens is it's big and heavy and well made. I would say it's probably a mint - and very clean. Went to Mumbles this morning to try out and my initial impression is excellent, I would say I had a keeper rate of >80% which is alot more than my old 100-300mm f5. I suppose the bigger front end of 77mm and constant f4 helps. Hopefully this lens will take away some of my dissapointment of having the delay of Fuji Super-tele.

Will post some pics when I have chance to upload to Flickr.

Looks a quality adapter and maybe original Canon??

You have a major bargain if it is.

Very few examples of the 'Canon Lens Converter FD-EOS' were sold and they were going for several hundred pounds each a few years ago.

It should be clearly marked if it is a Canon one; they are designed to work only with a limited number of Canon lenses.

http://www.mir.SPAM/rb/photography/companies/canon/fdresources/fdlenses/fdeos.htm

You have a major bargain if it is.

Very few examples of the 'Canon Lens Converter FD-EOS' were sold and they were going for several hundred pounds each a few years ago.

It should be clearly marked if it is a Canon one; they are designed to work only with a limited number of Canon lenses.

http://www.mir.SPAM/rb/photography/companies/canon/fdresources/fdlenses/fdeos.htm

Just checked and the adapter hasn't a Canon stamp. It seems a very good quality one compared to my modern FD & M42 adapters. Also it has glass which I pressume is for infinity focus. I will sell on the bay and use to take off the £60.00 I paid for lens and adapter inc delivery.

I had a quick play with the 100-300 f4 lens yesterday and although heavy, I was able to hand hold with a breeze to take the pics below. What would define if a lens would take a Teleconvertor, the lens is a little short for me to catch the smaller birds on our feeder, due to the layout of garden and our young dog I would prefer not to move the feeder onto the lawn.

Pic of a Gull in carpark and Mumbles Lighthouse with Port Talbot Steel Works in background, I like this one as you can see the flames from furnace. Also, to my eyes it seems sharpish corner to corner. Hopefully from the pics you can advise if a TC is possible.

Edit: The pics are SOOC .

Tokina 300 First Use 02.08.2014 335 by swanseajack2013, on Flickr

Tokina 300 First Use 02.08.2014 245 by swanseajack2013, on Flickr

Last edited:
Simon - any third party Canon FD teleconverter should work. I'd be a little concerned about the impact on image quality though. I guess the other option is to use a modern Kenko 1.4x DGX Pro teleconverter in EF mount, and keep the EF adapter on the lens if the adapter doesn't protrude too much?

Nice pic. How do you find the zeiss at 1:1. Read some where that to get 1:1 on the zeiss your almost touching the subject with the lens. Not so great for insects. Currently looking at buying either the fuji 60 zeiss 50 or possibly a tamron 90.

Nice pic. How do you find the zeiss at 1:1. Read some where that to get 1:1 on the zeiss your almost touching the subject with the lens. Not so great for insects. Currently looking at buying either the fuji 60 zeiss 50 or possibly a tamron 90.

I haven't really had the chance to do any 1:1 yet so can't really comment. I keep meaning to !

I did own the Fuji 60mm but that is not a true macro lens. I found it very unresponsive for macro work. Using AF it hunted around and struggled to lock on. It really struggled with metallic subjects and got confused by reflections and highlights. The 60mm is good for portraits though but the 56mm is better. Therefore, the Fuji 60mm is something of a misnomer. It doesn't really fit in. The Zeiss Touit 50mm is great for portraits with very pleasing bokeh at f/2.8 and equally good for Macro work. It's a very versatile lens and produces the quality you would expect from Carl Zeiss.

Simon - any third party Canon FD teleconverter should work. I'd be a little concerned about the impact on image quality though. I guess the other option is to use a modern Kenko 1.4x DGX Pro teleconverter in EF mount, and keep the EF adapter on the lens if the adapter doesn't protrude too much?

Thanks for the advice.

Reading some of the reviews of the Tokina, they say its best stopped down a bit, I didnt think and I used wide open yesterday. I think I will try a older adapter initially and see how I get on. Again, some reviews I have read have rated the 7 element Tokina TC and along with the Canon 2X-A. What would the recommendations be for the TC, go with the brand, Canon or the lens Tokina?? The reviews I have read are quit a few years old.

Again, any further advice greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Les, I went for the 60mm XF as the free lens when they were doing that offer with the X-Pro + 18mm and found, like Nick, that it was not really up to what I wanted and expected from a "macro" lens so I chopped it in against a 10-24. I haven't bothered replacing it with a Fuji fit macro since I have that base covered by another system (2 if you count 1 series Nikons as well as F mount SLRs). Have to admit that I didn't much like the 60mm length on APS-C anyway, it's a sort of nothing length IMO - too long for a walk about and too short for a telephoto. Not a huge portrait shooter though so probably missed out on its strong suit.

Back