The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Grrr. I wish you'd not said that! They look seriously good and I can have one in time to take away for Chrimbo! Decisions, decisions.

Slik Pro 400DX tripod here, recently refurbished by moi after getting the bits at very reasonable rates from Slik. Can't justify more than 3x the price on a Carbon Fibre tripod that is only the same in sturdiness and weight carrying ability, and not all that much lighter either. (As much as I would like one!)

This threads has been a little light on photos recently so here's a few from Lille in October, all taken with the 16-55mm kit lens.

Used the black and white film setting on this one, my son looking cool whilst I secretly took a candid.
15714904725_b982a4aed0_b.jpg

Lots of very well dressed young people in Lille
15529480218_6e9a5a574b_b.jpg

And an ideal camera for poking through cages.
15529713337_9d2aa3facc_b.jpg

I've just bought the 55-230mm lens to see if the combination works for wildlife, mainly birds. If it is ok I shall seriously consider selling the D7100 and putting the cash toward the 140-400mm when that comes out next year.

So far I am loving the whole set up but I do not seem to be able to get the little flash to fire.... any ideas as to why this might be the case?

Cheers
Andy

There's a flash setting button visible in the menu when you press the Q button. Not used it myself yet but would appreciate feedback.

I believe silent mode disables the flash

Ah, that may explain it, I shall give it a go later. Thanks very much.

There's a flash setting button visible in the menu when you press the Q button. Not used it myself yet but would appreciate feedback.

Yes, I did try this but it doesn't do anything, however if I have set it to silent as I believe is the case, it may be that un-silenting it may be the cure.

Cheers

Andy

I think most Fuji users have been caught by that "feature"! I even had to reread the manual!!!

This threads has been a little light on photos recently so here's a few from Lille in October, all taken with the 16-55mm kit lens.

Andy, is that the XC 16-50 or the XF 18-55?

Oh crikey, what a muddle.... Of course I meant 18-55mm....:thinking:

Ah ha, the fix with the silent mode is successful and the flash now works.

One day to go and I m not talking about Christmas ;)

I have already checked Fuji's website just in case the update is already there but didn't find anything :(

One day to go and I m not talking about Christmas ;)

I have already checked Fuji's website just in case the update is already there but didn't find anything :(

The site will probably crash before midnight tonight with more people pressing F5 than there were on Black Friday deals pages. :nailbiting:

After a long deliberation before upgrading my Nikon D7k to a D750 or my XPro-1 to an XT-1, I have decided to go with upgrading to the XT-1 as I feel I will use the fuji a lot more due to its size and I already have the 18-55, 35 and 50-230 (XC). I'm going to order from Panamoz as it works out £702 paying by BACS for the body, which seems pretty good to me.
Has anyone got the grip - is it worth getting? Any other accessories that you guys would recommend to use with the XT?
I will keep my XPro for now and maybe use it as a trade against another lens later (14 or 56 would be nice, but liking the look of the 50-140). Would be nice if Sigma started making some XF lenses :)

I have both the vertical grip and the large metal hand grip. I prefer the hand grip more and it has been bolted on my XT1 since the day I bought it. The vertical grip is handy that it allows you to use a second battery. I m only keeping it as I think it will be more used when the big Fuji lenses are part of my lens family :D

I've got the big grip because it came with the kit. When I'm using the tripod I don't have it fixed but if I'm on a walk round I do just so that I have a second battery already in place. For me the jury is still out. I can see the benefits but I'm not sure if it suits my style.

I'd be tempted to sell if I saw a post in the wanted section.

I'd get the vertical grip AND large hand grip. Both useful for difference reasons.

Personally wouldn't enjoy the XT1 anywhere near as much without something attached.

Hi guys - awaited very patiently. One year on (from last posts - and two from regular posting). What gives - apart from shallow DOF and dreamy lenses? Salute to Terry, Alan, Si, Andy and a few other old skool.

Look back to the birth - X10 thread. Why is this thread so empty of images?

I waited to see what the camera could do.

Last edited:
The battery grip extends shooting time however the battery compartment catch that secures the port door is prone to working loose and swings open on occasions. When the door swings open it causes a break in the circuit and the power to the camera to go off. Close the port door, the contacts connect and all is good again. It's not very robust. I have known a few other people who have had this issue. Very annoying during a wedding ceremony.

Looking forward to the new FW update tomorrow !

Thats it. Just ordered a new XT-1 from Panamoz to upgrade from the XPro-1. Now awaiting delivery details, but I don't expect it until after xmas.
Feeling slightly excited now!
Be good to hear how everyone finds the firmware update.

Think I will give it a day or two and see if any bugs appear, no rush to get it done and can't turn it back once loaded

I've decided to go ahead, so far so good. Just assessing the recent additions.

The completely silent electronic is quite something, although it's not bright enough yet to hit speeds in excess of 1/4000.

XT1 & XE2 both updated and a quick check to make sure they both work. Will be a few days before using properly though.

Just updated firmware now and loving the ES.Will try some faster shots with the 56mm tomorrow and hopefully it's a nice bright day.

So, what alterations have been made to button pressing with the new firmware?

So, what alterations have been made to button pressing with the new firmware?

The best one in button customisation imo is that now we can assign the 4way pad to move the focus point in the direction point without having to press another button to activate it :)

I like the update that allows you to remote control the camera from your phone. Some updates have included gimmicky functions - remote control camera app is incredibly useful :)

I like the update that allows you to remote control the camera from your phone. Some updates have included gimmicky functions - remote control camera app is incredibly useful :)

Am I missing something here? I have been doing that before the update; similarly with the focus points mentioned above. I'm confused!

Back