The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Am I missing something here? I have been doing that before the update; similarly with the focus points mentioned above. I'm confused!

Me too and I've not yet had the time to update mine yet.;)

George.

Thanks for that. It may be that something has changed with the update, but I was using an app that looks almost identical to the one in your link last Saturday, and several times before that! It may be that the app itself has been upgraded and/or what you can do with it is improved but I've not played too much after the update.

Edit, George posted while I was typing. Maybe I'm not alone!

Remote app worked before the update and focus points could be changed with the selector once another button was pressed

Hi mickledore.

I don't actually have this camera. Just contemplating it. But I read the updates on Fuji Rumours. It gave the impression this was a new feature. I was mistaken.

Article I read is here http://www.fujirumors.com/new-firmware-features-2-using-camera-remote/

That page deals with new features brought to the X-E2, and it's great to see the remote app brought to the X-E2. The third page deals with updates exclusive to the X-T1

http://www.fujirumors.com/new-firmware-features-3-x-t1-firmware-version-3-00/

Last edited:
The remote app functionality you have on the X-T1 has just been made available on the X-E2. Previously, the X-E2 could only receive JPGs. Controlling the camera via the app was not possible before yesterday's firmware release.

Remote app worked before the update and focus points could be changed with the selector once another button was pressed

As soon as my camera was updated I set the 4 way pad to move focus point immediately when pressed in the direction I want. One of the best bits of the update for my way of shooting.

Somebody has bought it............was it you ;)

Hmm....I appear to have lost all 3 of my spare batteries. How the hell do I manage it!

I'm having some difficulty updating the firmware for my X-T1 via my Macbook despite having successfully managed it once before. The download states that it's 40.6Mb whereas my computer tells me it's 42.6Mb which seems curious.

I run through all the steps only to turn the (lensless) camera on to be told 'New firmware not to be found'. I seem to be copying the data ok onto the card...Am I missing something?

Problem solved - the computer was adding -01 to the filename as I guess it found one of the same name from an earlier download. The camera wouldn't recognise it. Had me stumped for a bit!

Anyone else feel like the AF is a *lot* more snappy with the new firmware?

Problem solved - the computer was adding -01 to the filename as

I guess it found one of the same name from an earlier download. The camera wouldn't recognise it. Had me stumped for a bit!

Was going to say that, mine did exactly the same as I still had the last firmware update in the downloads folder.

Anyone else feel like the AF is a *lot* more snappy with the new firmware?

My zooms were fast enough anyway, but the 35mm is definitely more positive in its AF actions now, even to the point it can now track things.

Hi all,

Having dunked my X-E1 in the sea, I am planning on replacing with the X-T1. Has anyone bought recently? Not up to date on the best deals etc?
Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

I have just upgraded my XE1 to the XT1. I bought it from Jessops with the 18-135 and battery grip for £1298 (inc £100 fuji cashback) or £116 a month for 12 months interest free!

It's an impressive step up tbf. Much quicker auto focus, lovely viewfinder & ergonomically a lot better imo (especially with the grip). I think if you've enjoyed the XE1 you'll absolutely love the XT1.

Dan

Hi all,

Having dunked my X-E1 in the sea, I am planning on replacing with the X-T1. Has anyone bought recently? Not up to date on the best deals etc?
Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Camera Pricebuster is always worth a look for prices, and I believe the £100 cashback from Fuji lasts until mid January. It has to be bought from one of their specified retailers to qualify, so you'll need to check the Fuji website for that.

http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/Fujifilm/Fujifilm-X-System-Cameras

EDIT: list of qualifying retailers here http://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/products/digital-cameras/promotions/approved-retailer-list/

Last edited:
I have a feeling that the Graphite Silver Edition X-T1 comes with the latest firmware installed while the black one might need to have it updated. Lovely camera and great images from it.

I find the X-T1 much better in regards to AF on both my 18-55 and my 35. Almost makes me wish I'd kept my 60mm....almost.

The new firmware is pretty snappy with the 56mm and the 35mm... I did a few street shots around my local Christmas market yesterday and it seemed a bit faster (although that may just have been wishful thinking on my part). :D

I have a feeling that the Graphite Silver Edition X-T1 comes with the latest firmware installed while the black one might need to have it updated. Lovely camera and great images from it.

Perfectly correct.(y)

George.

Not all the updates,it came out with the elec shutter but their are some new feature that can be upgrade on the graphite one :)

Not all the updates,it came out with the elec shutter but their are some new feature that can be upgrade on the graphite one :)

Yourve got that the wrong way around Simon. The silver X-T1 with the latest Firmware (electric shutter) was launched a few months ago at Photokina. The same FW was released on the 18th Dec to existing black body XT1 owners. Same camera / same firmware just different colours.

When the silver version was released it had firmware ver 2 which was never released for the Black. So at release it could do more than the Black version.

On the 18th firmware version 3 was released which added more features to both cameras and made them equal apart from colour.

When the silver version was released it had firmware ver 2 which was never released for the Black. So at release it could do more than the Black version.

On the 18th firmware version 3 was released which added more features to both cameras and made them equal apart from colour.

I thought that was the original intention from Fuji and confirms what I read that's for the clarification.

Back