The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

When the silver version was released it had firmware ver 2 which was never released for the Black. So at release it could do more than the Black version.

On the 18th firmware version 3 was released which added more features to both cameras and made them equal apart from colour.

Yep thats it,i think a lot people got confused because the Graphite one also had some firmware released on the 18th,not just the black one,when they first gave all the specs for the Graphite one,they did say some the feature would come out in an firmware release after launch. :)

I got chatting to a friendly assistant in John Lewis who let me have a bit of a play with an X-T1 yesterday - the first time I've even seen one in the flesh, then he un-boxed and let me have a look at the silver version. Oh my oh my it's a gorgeous looking thing.

I certainly don't need one, but I really do want one purely for the fun of it. There has been a serious GAS explosion in my head.

Don't suppose anyone if already looking at moving on a silver version here are they? :D

Just my opinion but I think the blacks are better looking than the silvers throughout the X series.

BTW, GAS explosions can be fatal - scratch the itch!!! ;)

Never really thought about it, maybe the silver, but not bothered.

Now if was one was cheaper!! (Some of the hideous diarrhoea coloured cars you see must be)

Last edited:
Being dumb here, but where exactly is the option to change the D pad from original setup as Fn buttons to AF area only buttons?

Being dumb here, but where exactly is the option to change the D pad from original setup as Fn buttons to AF area only buttons?

(blue) set-up menu-2 // button,dial setting // selector button setting = change this from Fn button to Focus

Just my opinion but I think the blacks are better looking than the silvers throughout the X series.

BTW, GAS explosions can be fatal - scratch the itch!!! ;)

I agree that the black version looks better but I m only comparing it to pictures of the silver one online. Lots are saying that the silver one looks a lot better in the flesh ;)

Umming and arring over whether to upgrade from the X-A1 to the X-T1... anyone followed a similar route care to share their findings? £700 difference could be a lot of money for very little performance increase is my thought... but I really want one :)

Umming and arring over whether to upgrade from the X-A1 to the X-T1... anyone followed a similar route care to share their findings? £700 difference could be a lot of money for very little performance increase is my thought... but I really want one :)
I went from an X-Pro 1 to the XT-1, and found the differences huge. The XT-1 is so nice to use and with the recent software upgrade, makes it a fantastic camera. My poor X-pro 1 hasn't been used since buying it.

Barry you are correct in saying there is very little performance increase by upgrading (I'm assuming you just mean image quality), but there as far as I'm concerned the difference ends. The X-T1 is a far superior and nicer camera to use both in handling, focus speed, balance, and general usability etc etc. It just feels right.

This is obviously only my opinion of coarse.

"Merry Christmas"

George.

Like Rob (feek), I went from the X-Pro1 to the X-T1 and as I understand it the -Pro is a level or 2 above the X-A1. I found the X-T to be a significant upgrade in terms of usability (AF speed, VF, handling etc.) from the X-Pro1 so would imagine it's a huge improvement on the X-A1. Oops, seem to have repeated George almost word for word! To add to my opinion, IQ from the 2 I have is all but identical, it's just the details in handling where the differences lie.

Oops, seem to have repeated George almost word for word!

That's alright Nod, Any slightest bit of praise sent my way is very much appreciated.:D

"Merry Christmas"

George.

So just to be clear, mainly from reading the last dozen posts, the Xpro1 and XT1 IQ are pretty much exactly the same, its everything else that has improved in terms of usability and speed etc.....

Its been on my mind what I am missing. I got my Xpro1 back in Nov 13, and have now got my lenses where I want them and am wondering if there is any point in going to the Xt1, had been holding off perhaps for the new pro2 (if there will ever be one, not sure) or for an XT1/2.

Anthony, it depends very much on what style of camera you prefer and what you mainly shoot. If you like rangefinder style cameras and shoot landscapes, the X-Pro will do you just fine but if you want to shoot action and prefer SLR style cameras, go for the X-T1.

So just to be clear, mainly from reading the last dozen posts, the Xpro1 and XT1 IQ are pretty much exactly the same, its everything else that has improved in terms of usability and speed etc.....

Its been on my mind what I am missing. I got my Xpro1 back in Nov 13, and have now got my lenses where I want them and am wondering if there is any point in going to the Xt1, had been holding off perhaps for the new pro2 (if there will ever be one, not sure) or for an XT1/2.

Its a hard one but IQ wise they are about the same,there will be an XT-2 and X-Pro 2,the big things are centre viewing,the faster shutter speeds & AF,the new Elec shutter,being able to add a battery grip.
If theses thing are not a big deal ? :rolleyes:

Anthony, it depends very much on what style of camera you prefer and what you mainly shoot. If you like rangefinder style cameras and shoot landscapes, the X-Pro will do you just fine but if you want to shoot action and prefer SLR style cameras, go for the X-T1.

Hi Nod, I do like the rangefinder style, its one of the things that caught my attention. I do indeed shoot landscapes and every day things with it, so may just stick to to it I think, until time as xpro2 or xt2 depending on what they may offer. I have Canon dslr for action/sports/wildlife. Thanks for the feedback.

Its a hard one but IQ wise they are about the same,there will be an XT-2 and X-Pro 2,the big things are centre viewing,the faster shutter speeds & AF,the new Elec shutter,being able to add a battery grip.
If theses thing are not a big deal ? :rolleyes:

Thanks Simon too, I think as above I will wait it out then for the xpro2/xt2.

Thankyou guys.

Hi Nod, I do like the rangefinder style, its one of the things that caught my attention. I do indeed shoot landscapes and every day things with it, so may just stick to to it I think, until time as xpro2 or xt2 depending on what they may offer. I have Canon dslr for action/sports/wildlife. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks Simon too, I think as above I will wait it out then for the xpro2/xt2.

Thankyou guys.

You can always have one of each :whistle:

I think in its own right the X-Pro1 is a fine camera, and still holds its own very well. The problem starts when you have one and an XT1 side by side.

Having just recently bought an XT1 I can't believe how much my beloved X-Pro1 has been sat on the shelf. OK, so the image quality is pretty similar, it just seems the XT does it bigger, faster and even possibly a bit faster.

You can always have one of each :whistle:

Well, I wasn't going to encourage GAS but if finances permit, they do make a good pairing!

Anthony, another advantage of the X-T1 (when paired with suitable lenses) is that it's weatherproof which might be an advantage should the weather turn nasty while you're away from shelter.

Well, I wasn't going to encourage GAS but if finances permit, they do make a good pairing!

Anthony, another advantage of the X-T1 (when paired with suitable lenses) is that it's weatherproof which might be an advantage should the weather turn nasty while you're away from shelter.

They do (y)

Been enjoying the x-t1 for a fee months but yesterday tried to take pics of 1 year old niece, fairly poor lighting conditions and she moves non stop but I was really struggling to get focus using the 23mm lens.....need a bit more reactive but quite disappointed

To be fair thats a good shout, I had forgotten about that, obviously like you say, with the correct lens combo. Would be good if I was caught out, whilst out shooting landscapes and it rained or whatever. I had overlooked this.

I might hold out for the photography show and see what offers come up. I may have recovered from christmas by then! :)

Can anyone help with a problem displaying images?

If I shoot in portrait mode the image comes on the rear screen in landscape mode. I can rotate the image into portrait mode, but I have to do it individually for each image.

Is there a setting anywhere that automatically leaves portrait images in portrait mode on the review screen?

Can anyone help with a problem displaying images?

If I shoot in portrait mode the image comes on the rear screen in landscape mode. I can rotate the image into portrait mode, but I have to do it individually for each image.

Is there a setting anywhere that automatically leaves portrait images in portrait mode on the review screen?
Possibly: Menu>Set-up1>Screen Set-Up>EVF Autorotate displays>On

There's a separate Auto Rotate setting for playback, can't remember where now though! Called something daft like RotatePB

Had a look at the silver X-T1 today, I thought it looked quite cheap and tacky, the silver hue has failed to emulate the silver topped and base SLRs of the 80s in my option. Although only athletics it does not take anything away from still being a great camera but I prefer the black body.

There's a separate Auto Rotate setting for playback, can't remember where now though! Called something daft like RotatePB

Ah thanks. Found it. It's on page 2 of the Screen Set-up page on the 1st Set-up menu page. It's called Autorotate PB and it needs to be off.

Thank you; I knew it must be somewhere.

Back