The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Based on the fact,my Fuji gear has now replace all my DSLR gear.

The main lens i am after are the 16-55mm F2.8 & 18-135mm temped by the 14-24mm but i didn't use my Nikon 12-24mm much nor my Nikon 70-200mm F 2.8,as those it was mainly down to the fact i just couldn't carry that much weight around anymore :(

I m not sure if I ll be getting the 18-135mm but I m very interested to see how the 16-55mm F2.8 will perform as I m planning to have as part of my lens set :)

I took a look at the bridge picture on your flickr page. It's original size is very small. Just 640 on the longest side. Upload larger, you can post in here up to 1024 on the longest side.

Edit, whoops. I see the others are larger in flickr...

Thanks Trevor I will look into that :)

Ask my dealer about the deal, he going to ask Fuji about it.
Also had a quick look at 10-24mm,it wasn't as heavy and as big as I thought it would be :)

Got mine. Been out for a brief play...Not bad is it?!!

I'm used to how the pictures look already, given I have a 100s (which replaced a 100...) but Wow! What a camera...Here and now I can't see it absolutely replacing the 5Diii but as a piece of work in its own right, it's lovely.

Didn't get that on my body-only box from Wex. Does the offer require any additional info or do you just need to register in order to qualify? It doesn't specify on the website.

Weird because I got mine from WEX as well. I am not sure how to claim it, I was hoping to receive an email/digital voucher from Fuji after registering the camera but I didn't.

Sorry if I'm repeating questions!
I've had a play with my new X-T1 and am loving it so far, only thing I'm really missing is playing with my macro lens ( which I also use for portraits) what do you think of the 60mm macro? Have also heard about a 58mm lens so am now wondering what my best option would be?
Has anyone used both? What did you think?
Am wondering if hiring them might be a good option!

Do you mean the 56mm F1.2?

I had a play with the 60mm F2.4 and this lens is SHARP, not true macro though, only 1:2 which is a shame if like me you are into macro photography

Didn't get that on my body-only box from Wex. Does the offer require any additional info or do you just need to register in order to qualify? It doesn't specify on the website.

From what have been told so far is that because of the delay in the lens coming out,was due about now, they are delaying sending out the voucher till they can confirm the release of the lens.

:)

I've had a play with my new X-T1 and am loving it so far, only thing I'm really missing is playing with my macro lens ( which I also use for portraits) what do you think of the 60mm macro? Have also heard about a 58mm lens so am now wondering what my best option would be?

I have got the 60mm,a very good lens,but i don't take a lot of portraits i at the moment cant justified the 56mm price wise :)

Last edited:

Tracy,

As a portrait lens the 60mm is very good but a little lack lustre in the macro department. It's not a true macro and unable to focus at 1:1. It is quite slow even with the latest firmware update in macro mode and has to hunt quite hard to lock onto close subjects. Shiny metal objects aren't particularly agreeable.

The 56mm is an exceptional lens, very fast and a good performer for portraits. Out if the Fujinon line up this is up there with the 23mm and 35mm. Lots of good examples out there on the web. It's not a macro lens though.

The Carl Zeiss Touit 50mm (Macro) is another option. A mid range telephoto which is ideal for portraits, giving virtually zero distortion and a flattering perspective is my 1st choice for flexibility and functionality it's a true macro lens and capable of producing images as life size (1:1). I'm still waiting for mine and have an order in for one. They are in high demand and are like gold dust at the moment .

Trying out a lens before buying is all ways a good idea.

Last edited:
I've had a play with my new X-T1 and am loving it so far, only thing I'm really missing is playing with my macro lens ( which I also use for portraits) what do you think of the 60mm macro?

As macro is usually manual focus you could think about using a legacy lens via an adapter.

I bought a Minolta fit Sigma 50mm f2.8 macro (I use it on my Sony A7 and Panny G1) and I really can't fault it optically, and certainly not at the price :D

I took a look at the bridge picture on your flickr page. It's original size is very small. Just 640 on the longest side. Upload larger, you can post in here up to 1024 on the longest side.

Edit, whoops. I see the others are larger in flickr...

Many thanks Trevor, I have found quite a good program in the Apple Apps Store called PhotoResize Pro. much easier than using CS6 and you can also batch process images.

Here's one taken just outside York yesterday, I'm really very impressed with the quality of the 18-55mm.

Rapeseed (Brassica napus) X-T1, 55mm, ISO 200, f/22, 1/12s

Last edited:
Great to hear that. Ordered mine early this evening.
Mine arrived today via Amazon. Wasn't expecting it until next week so a bonus for having it in time for the weekend! Fitting the screen protector only took a couple of minutes which was mostly spent cleaning the screen with some isopropyl alcohol, lens cloth and dust blower. Now it's on and it's difficult to tell there's actually anything on the screen.

I have a legendary Macro lens for sale in classifieds (other brands) if your interested, with Fuji X adapter. Or have you got one already, why dont you try using with an adapter???

Th
I have a legendary Macro lens for sale in classifieds (other brands) if your interested, with Fuji X adapter. Or have you got one already, why dont you try using with an adapter???
Thanks, have just responded to your other thread :)

Mine arrived today via Amazon. Wasn't expecting it until next week so a bonus for having it in time for the weekend! Fitting the screen protector only took a couple of minutes which was mostly spent cleaning the screen with some isopropyl alcohol, lens cloth and dust blower. Now it's on and it's difficult to tell there's actually anything on the screen.

Does it cover the whole glass or just the 3 inch display underneath the glass? Thanks

Can anyone tell me what the focus speed is like of the 55-200 on x-t1 and compare it to the 60mm as well

Can anyone tell me what the focus speed is like of the 55-200 on x-t1 and compare it to the 60mm as well

Hi, It's excellent no problems whatsoever. (y)

55-200mm optically is very good and AF is quite fast. I have posted a picture of a swan I took with it on this thread a few pages back.

The 60mm focuses quite fast for portraits but is a bit sluggish for macro work. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I use these for all my cameras and they work well and the company are great too. Excellent customer service. They have just made this protector specifically for the X-T1 and even emailed me to let me know it was now available.You can get them on Amazon.

Great to hear that ☺ I have already ordered mine from their website a should be waiting for me when I m back

My grip came thought today from amazon,nice fit and very well made,price wise a bit over the top but glad i got does make the camera nicer to hold :)

My grip came thought today from amazon,nice fit and very well made,price wise a bit over the top but glad i got does make the camera nicer to hold :)

It makes the handling of the X-T1 very comfortable and is great when shooting in the portrait format. It's particularly good for shooting with the 55-200mm. But the best thing of all is it doubles the battery life which I'm finding is very good.

It's a good bit of engineering, clever how they have included a recess in the felt-covered top to house the contacts cover from the X-T1 body.

It makes the handling of the X-T1 very comfortable and is great when shooting in the portrait format. It's particularly good for shooting with the 55-200mm. But the best thing of all is it doubles the battery life which I'm finding is very good.

It's a good bit of engineering, clever how they have included a recess in the felt-covered top to house the contacts cover from the X-T1 body.

Sorry when for the smaller grip :)

I have used the WiFi app on my GS4 and nexus 7 and it just works flawlessly. Its free, quick to find the network and stays connected even if I don't use the camera for longer than 5 minutes. You can change all your settings through the app and you can use the tablet/mobile to do touch to focus, you will still have to press the shutter to take the picture though

Sorry to come back to this but am pretty sure that I'll be getting another phone to use as a remote for the X-T1 - I think a cheapish Android phone will be cheaper than the official Fuji wired remote too! Can you (or indeed anyone) tell me if there's a specific version of Android that the Fuji app needs? Planning on using the phone fairly exclusively as a remote and to upload results to Flickr and here so I'll be getting it as a PAYG, probably on EE 3G.

I'm an iPhone user so have no experience of other phones but the Fuji App is also available in the Android version so presumably any smart phone. I would go into one of the phone shops in town and ask about.

I have found that the Calumet shutter release for £8.50 is good. The App on my iPhone works ok but if I've been out with it all day in the middle of nowhere and the battery goes down on my phone then I don't have any coms.

I know what you mean, Nick - that's one reason I want a fairly dedicated doohickey to use as a remote. I have a WinPhone (which I love) to use as a main phone and which has a decent size screen for browsing etc and very good battery life so the Android one (iPhones are way too expensive to have as a remote and second phone!) will be very much a secondary one.

After some digging, I've found this
[Smartphone System Requirements]
Android Smartphone/Tablet: Android OS Ver.2.2 to 4.4
*Android4.0 or later can use the "Remote Control"
so know pretty much what I need in the way of OS on it - looks like Jellybean should be OK. Just need to have a fondle in the Orange shop!

Oh, my favourite local shop should have stock of the Hama Canon release in on Thursday so should be able to do me a decent price on it (they do their best and IMO it's worth paying a bit extra to keep local businesses viable - you never know when you'll need them!) and they had a good old fashioned bulb release for the X-Pro which they gave me (I put a few quid in the charity box for it).

Back